BiWire

Options
Fireman99
Fireman99 Posts: 129
edited November 2003 in Speakers
Well after reading a few posts on the board regarding BiWiring. I decided to try biwiring my RTI150's to my AVR8000 and I am now a believer in the biwire. I didnt blow a bundle on the wire got it for $3.25 /ft Cdn is supose to be decent wire. I can hear the bass is tighter in the speaker and the mid/high sound more defined and clear. I think for the $75 investment (2x 10' of wire) was money well spent. and the wife can hear a diffrence as well! Guess I still get to sleep in the bed =)
Dan
Recever AVR 8000
Amp PA 4000
CDR 26
Mains RTI 150 Bi wired
Center CSI 40 Bi wired
Surround FXI 30
Rear RTI 4
Sub PSW 140
Post edited by Fireman99 on

Comments

• scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited November 2003
    Options
    Good to hear dan - I tryed this with my cs400 and it did sound a little better but not worth the long wire run and price for HQ wire.

And what is with everyone/newbie running the FXi30's when the FXi50 is what the "front stage" setup calls for. It is a mismatch 5 channel set/s. Was Crutchfield giving them away at one point? :confused:
  • Fireman99
    Fireman99 Posts: 129
    edited November 2003
    Options
    "And what is with everyone/newbie running the FXi30's when the FXi50 is what the "front stage" setup calls for. It is a mismatch 5 channel set/s. Was Crutchfield giving them away at one point?"

Well FXI 50's is the speaker that i was looking to purchase but living here in Canada the Polk dealer in my area never got any in =( then they put the 30's on sale and they sure sound better then the RCA theater in a box brand that I had there temporaraly LOL if I can get ahold of a set of 50's they will be the surround speakers and the 30's will move to the back for 7.1 ! =)
    Dan
    Recever AVR 8000
    Amp PA 4000
    CDR 26
    Mains RTI 150 Bi wired
    Center CSI 40 Bi wired
    Surround FXI 30
    Rear RTI 4
    Sub PSW 140
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited November 2003
    Options
    Well FXI 50's is the speaker that i was looking to purchase but living here in Canada the Polk dealer in my area never got any in =( then they put the 30's on sale and they sure sound better then the RCA theater in a box brand that I had there temporaraly LOL if I can get ahold of a set of 50's they will be the surround speakers and the 30's will move to the back for 7.1 ! =)
    Dan [/B][/QUOTE]
    Sounds like a great plan Dan. Your on the right track!!!!!!!!!
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited November 2003
    Options
    The performance of the FXi50 over the FXi30 is negligible, stick with the 30's unless you find a good deal, its a great surround speaker.

Glad the Bi-Wiring made a difference for you, and the fact you did it cheap, is even better.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • thehalo8
    thehalo8 Posts: 127
    edited November 2003
    Options
    I emailed Polk a year or so ago asking what speakers would go well with each other. The only upgraded speaker I had at the time was my sub (PSW350). I told them I was thinking about the RTi100 or 70 for my mains, and they suggested I get the FXi30's for my surrounds. I hope they did not lead me astray by not telling me to get the FXi50's!!!!! I really enjoy my 30's and think they do a great job, so I won't sweat it to much. Now the next speaker that really needs to be upgraded is my sub; it's way to small for my new place :(
    Mains: Polk RTi70's
    Center: Polk CSi40
    Surrounds: Polk TC60i's
    Sub: Polk PSW505
    Receiver: Onkyo TX-DS696
    TV: Samsung HLS 5687W 56"
    DVD: Sony DVP S5300
    Protection: Monster HTS 3600
    Backup Battery: Belkin AP3080010