fx1000?

Options
dave shepard
dave shepard Posts: 1,334
edited November 2003 in Speakers
Does anybody ever see the fx1000's for sale anywhere except the polk site? Why would they stop that speaker? While I haven't heard them I'm sure they would fit in my HT setup, with the twin woffers and tweeters I'm sure they sound great. Has anybody used them as rear surrounds and side or just side?

Thanks
Dave
Post edited by dave shepard on

Comments

• scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited October 2003
    Options
    Dave - those speakers were discontinued years ago. They would have matched your setup just as the fx500 would have. Originaly i really wanted the 1000's also but the sheer size and the $1000 price tag made them not such a good deal. I am very happy with the fx500 myself. Now with a 7 channel setup it is not an issue at all. A few people own them on the site. The only other speaker with the dual woofers is the LSI FX which list for $900. But they will not match the rest of your setup.
    If I were you I would be looking for a sub upgrade.;)
    Nice setup by the way.
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited October 2003
    Options
    ds,

Earlier in the year you'd see a pair a week or so on ebay. Sold for up to $600 a pair for mint.

Have only seen one pair in the past couple months...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited November 2003
    Options
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited November 2003
    Options
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • dave shepard
    edited November 2003
    Options
    Thanks for keeping me in mind, wish those came up earlier. The boss says not right now with all I gotten this year:( .

Thanks again

Dave
  • dave shepard
    edited November 2003
    Options
    My wife also has reservations about buying on e-bay. What would happen if the seller didn't send the goods or worse maybe never had it in the first place, is there any recourse to get all your money back? I see pay-pal, is that like having the money in an account to be released when goods have been sent? who regulates that? I never did e-bay but the wife has heard horror stories of thieft and disseption which makes her uneasy not that it dosen't make me uneasy I just try not to think that way.

Thanks

Dave
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited November 2003
    Options
    The wife - your killing me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited November 2003
    Options
    I believe that through pay pal you can insure the purchase at about 1% of the purchase price. Can not say for sure but I remember seeing it on many of my purchases on EBAY.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • twochannel
    twochannel Posts: 171
    edited November 2003
    Options
    I purchased my CS400i and FX500i's on E-bay and had no problems whatsoever with the transactions. Make sure that you contact the seller with any questions. Good ratings and good communications make for a less painfull experience.
  • kelley
    kelley Posts: 287
    edited November 2003
    Options
    Feedback is the best place to start on Ebay. Granted that you may still have problems but if someone doesn't have great feedback or has very little then I don't bid. I've made about 80 purchases including a pair of FX500's just last week and have had no problems. However, one of my buddies got boned on a deal so it does happen.
    SDS-400, SDA-1B, SVS 20-39pc+, B&K Ref 50, Denon 2900
  • dave shepard
    edited November 2003
    Options
    Well I have been talking with axeraven about his fx1000's and was going to buy them when they sold (Dam). Missed them by minutes, had sent e-mails with quesions and coincerns and he replyed to them very fast and seemed very friendly and understanding. I guess I wasn't ment to have those yet, just hope that the next pair are owned by someone with the same kindness and I win them.

Thanks again everybody

Dave
  • kelley
    edited November 2003
    Options
    That's funny because I talked to him too, but I've been able to get on the computer very little in the last 2 days. At least I'm glad to see he sold them. I just got a pair of FX500's from UPS yesterday that I bought off of Ebay and was shocked from their size/weight. All I could think of was what the FX1000's must be like and that caused my thought process to slow down a minute. Mighty big on the walls in my small room.
  • dave shepard
    edited November 2003
    Options
    were you going to buy them? He seemed very pleasent and honest with me.
  • kelley
    edited November 2003
    Options
    Dave, shoot me an email at kelley9207@hotmail.com and I'll get back to you tomorrow. Getting off of the computer tonight. Mitch
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited November 2003
    Options
    The f/x1000's ARE very large speakers. They're just under 20" tall and I think that they're about the same width as the 500's. Look at the pics of mine in the showcase. They do take up a bunch of space, but the sound MORE than compansates..........
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • wallstreet
    wallstreet Posts: 1,405
    edited November 2003
    Options
    I love my 1000's. I enjoy listening to music with the 90's and 1000's set to bipole mode.