Polk C500.1????

Options
Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited November 2003 in Car Subwoofer Talk
Allright, here's what we've got, two MM2124's going into a standard cab F150. I'm wanting a great CLEAN amp. Thought about the MTX 801D but I've heard that although it might put out more power then the C500.1 that it is not anywhere near as clean of an amp. Your thoughts are greatly appreciated, 'cause I'm going to slam all this in the truck within the next two weeks. Thanks all
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• C-Man
    C-Man Posts: 307
    edited November 2003
    Options
    You'll get louder bass from the 801D, but it'll be dirty... just like you were told. If you're into SQ you'd probably wanna consider the 500.1 over the 801D, but if you want SPL, do the opposite.

How much money do you wanna spend? Some of us might be able to suggest a few other amps that will put out the power of the 801D with the "cleanliness" of the 500.1 or better.
    "The Big C"
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited November 2003
    Options
    I really don't have a price limit, I work at a Circuit City Roadshop so I can get most of it at a reasonable price. Thanks again for your input.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • C-Man
    edited November 2003
    Options
    Another amp to consider would be the Kenwood eXcelon KAC-X810D. This amp will give you 800 watts X 1 at 2 ohm and be much cleaner than the MTX and give you more boom than the 500.1. It's $549 on Crutchfield so I'm assuming it would be the same price at CC, so you can get it for not much more than the other two. Don't get the amp I listed confused with the Kenwood KAC-8101D.. That amp only puts out around 400 rms. The CC website has only the 8101D listed so the one I mentioned may be an order item.
    Also this amp is 1 ohm stable and will put out 1000 watts at 1 ohm. So it's a little more versatile than the other two.

When it comes down to it I'd put it between the Polk and the Kenwood. That's just me though, I'm not a big fan of the new MTX amps.
    "The Big C"
  • MTXMAN
    MTXMAN Posts: 682
    edited November 2003
    Options
    cc doesn't carry the excelon line c-man, last time i worked there it wasn't available for accomidation either...
    Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, hot tempered, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.
  • C-Man
    edited November 2003
    Options
    Is that just Excelon amps? Because I bought an Excelon deck there about 3 years ago... loved it, but got stolen a few months after I got it.
    "The Big C"
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    edited November 2003
    Options
    I don't believe that is true. Last year, CC would not match the price I got on my X650D eXcelon amp but they did have it in stock.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • MTXMAN
    MTXMAN Posts: 682
    edited November 2003
    Options
    that's odd, my cc couldn't get excelon in any way shape or form...
    Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, hot tempered, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited November 2003
    Options
    get 350 w per sub at your hand...

ie - mtx 6500d / 801D, pre 2003 RF bd500.1.

i run an "sq" daily driver with dual 81000d's... no complaints here... the amps are clean enough -- just make sure you get enough power.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge