The new DA4, WOW

Options
Maurice
Maurice Posts: 517
edited November 2003 in Electronics
I hooked up the new AVR yesterday and watched Finding Nemo with the wife and kids last night. Damn, I expected a big improvement, but not this big. I know the AVR I replaced was bargain basement BS, but man the ES is off the chain in comparison. I havent been able to properly calibrate it yet but I did take Doc's advice and set the speaks to small and crossover to 80, at least I think I did.:rolleyes: Still the sound is so much better I can hardly believe it. The scene in Nemo when the kid taps the glass on the fish tank is outrageous, even with the BS sub I'm running. Hopefully this weekend I'll have a chance to get as SPL meter and set this thing up right. One, make that two complaints: The manual for the ES is damnnear worthless, and the remote is a pain. I cant even tell if it is learning or not. The manual doesnt even mention the remote.:mad: Oh well, you take the good with the bad. Overall, my system sounds completely transformed.;)
Everytime I think I'm out, THEY PULL ME BACK IN!!!!!!

Polk 70's,40,30's
Velo DLS 3500 Sub
JVC 61" HD-ILA
Sony DA4ES AVR
Oppo 981 DVD
Sony CDP-CX235 CD
Signal Bi-wires
AR ProII IC's
Post edited by Maurice on

Comments

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited November 2003
    Options
    I am very familiar with the settings and menu navigation on the Sony ES. Drop me a line here or directly if you need help.

dorokusai@comcast.net
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Grimster74
    Grimster74 Posts: 2,564
    edited November 2003
    Options
    Same here, I currently own the DA-4ES receiver.
    Money Talks, Mine says Goodbye Rob!!!!
  • Maurice
    Maurice Posts: 517
    edited November 2003
    Options
    Thanks guys. I will let you know if I get stuck.
    Everytime I think I'm out, THEY PULL ME BACK IN!!!!!!

Polk 70's,40,30's
    Velo DLS 3500 Sub
    JVC 61" HD-ILA
    Sony DA4ES AVR
    Oppo 981 DVD
    Sony CDP-CX235 CD
    Signal Bi-wires
    AR ProII IC's