about 7.1

joe logston
joe logston Posts: 882
edited January 2002 in Music & Movies
there is no software dts-es or dd-ex that is 7.1 only 5.1, or 6.1 your receiver matrix the 5.1 to 7.1 and split the 6.1 to get 7.1 they is no discreet 7.1 on dvd orany software you are out of luck on 6.1, if you dont have a little room behind your listen postion you probley have to go with 7.1them you have to put two rear speakers close to the surounds, thanks, joe
. rt-7 mains
rt-20p surounds
cs-400i front center
cs-350 ls rear center
2 energy take 5, efects
2- psw-650 , subs
1- 15" audiosource sub

lets all go to the next ces.
Post edited by joe logston on

Comments

• DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,760
    edited January 2002
    if you dont have a little room behind your listen postion you probley have to go with 7.1them you have to put two rear speakers close to the surounds, thanks, joe
    Question 1: What if I have a large room behind my listen postion? What about a hallway?

Question 2: Why can't I just run a pair of wires from both of my rear speakers and hook up another pair of speakers? Wouldn't that give me 7.1?

Question 3: What if I connected two speakers to my center channel amp. Then hook up two front speakers, two rear speakers, and a subwoofer to the other channels. Would this be 7.1? If I connected two subwoofers to this setup, would it be 7.2?

Thank you, raife1.
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • joe logston
    joe logston Posts: 882
    edited January 2002
    you got to be careful wend you run two speakers off one amp your impedeace will rise or drop depends on how you hook them up( in phase or paralell ) it will sound like hell its better to have a amp per channel off your receiver, get a 7.1 receiver if you got to run 7 speakers, plus subwoofer, you can split the rca lfe out put for two subs , or run your speaker cables to your subs and from there run to your main speakers, you wont have 7.2 you will have 7.1 or what ever receiver you get 7.1, 6.1, 5.1 . if you are going to have a problem with the rear channel, or channels just stay with 5.1, thank you, joe
    . rt-7 mains
    rt-20p surounds
    cs-400i front center
    cs-350 ls rear center
    2 energy take 5, efects
    2- psw-650 , subs
    1- 15" audiosource sub

lets all go to the next ces.