open box CC

Options
dave shepard
dave shepard Posts: 1,334
edited November 2003 in Speakers
I went to CC and seen they have open box on their remaining polks I seen 2-fxi30's $59.97ea is that a good price for open box? should I hold out for E-bay? would 50's be the wiser choice? I would love a set of 1000's but dought I will see any of those for sale.

Thanks

Dave
Post edited by dave shepard on

Comments

• scornful
    scornful Posts: 272
    edited November 2003
    Options
    Dave... JUMP ON IT!! Thats a good price on 30's.... I'd rather get a CC floor model than Egay any day. Remember, from CC you still get the 5 year warranty. If nothing else you can judge the sound of the 30's while waiting out the 30 day refund period. My 3802 has hook ups for 2 sets of surrounds, I assume yours does too. You can do a simple side by side comparison and judge for yourself if the fx's are better than the 38's you currently use. How do you like your PB2? I've been sweatin one of their cylinders.
    Denon 3802
    B&K 7270
    Outlaw ICBM
    Behringer DSP1124P
    Samson S1000
    SVS 20-39CS+ (x2)
    RTi150's
    CSi40
    FXi30's
    RTi38's
    Win Vista HTPC
    InFocus 4805 ~100" Screen
  • dave shepard
    edited November 2003
    Options
    Thanks for the reply on the 30's looks tike I go back tomarrow. The SVS has been absolutly incredable. The sounds that come from it are unreal and does shake the whole house (no kidding the whole house!!!) with ease. set at half gain and all ports open will make anybody slack jawed.

Thanks again

Dave
  • eclypse
    eclypse Posts: 595
    edited November 2003
    Options
    Yes the 30's do sound great with my setup in SACD and DVD-A.. I have the same receiver(Denon 3803).

I too was worried about using the 30's for surrounds over the 50s but heh.. i cant imagine something sounding better if that tells you anything. Mind blowing really!

My setup:
    Denon 3803 Receiver
    Denon 2900 DVD player
    Rti70's
    CSi40
    Rti30's-side rears
    Rti38's-Rear Surround
    Polk PSW404 Sub
    Full 5 channel set of Polk Audio
    Fronts - LSiM 705
    Center - LSiM 706c
    Sides - LSiM 703
    Mits WD-82842 82" DLP 3DTV
    Denon AVR-3313CI Receiver
    Emotiva stealth DC-1
    Emotiva XPA-2/Fronts XPA-3 Center-surrounds
    Oppo 103

Loving the new Family! :)
  • dave shepard
    edited November 2003
    Options
    Well somebody must have read my mind or my post that lives near me cause when I went to CC in Niles, Oh. they were gone (Dam-it!!). The sales lady said someone came in first thing in the morning and bought them. I had her look on the computer to see if anybody else had a set and she found a pair on the other side of Akron, Oh. To make a long story short I drove for a total of 140mi. and spent 3.5hrs to get a set of fxi-30's for $69.95ea ($10 more then the others) with some minor scratches compared to the spotless ones I seen lastnight. Oh well I have them now. The thing that I need to know is will Polk send me a warrenty card? cause these had no box's or papers and I didn't get the extended warrenty.

Thanks

Dave
  • bigsexy1
    bigsexy1 Posts: 557
    edited November 2003
    Options
    Dave, let that be a lesson, from now on, go ahead and grab them while you can because they just might not be there the next time. If it doesn't work out, you always have 30 days to return them later.
  • scornful
    scornful Posts: 272
    edited November 2003
    Options
    My sentiments exactly... at least you got a pair though right?? lol Just keep your receipt. That should do if any warranty issues should arise. Before I forget, make PHOTOCOPIES of the receipt. CC uses that wonderful disappearing ink on their receipts. I hate that sh_t...
    Denon 3802
    B&K 7270
    Outlaw ICBM
    Behringer DSP1124P
    Samson S1000
    SVS 20-39CS+ (x2)
    RTi150's
    CSi40
    FXi30's
    RTi38's
    Win Vista HTPC
    InFocus 4805 ~100" Screen
  • dave shepard
    edited November 2003
    Options
    I keep telling my wife "you snooze you loose" and she always does, I should learn to heed my own advice I have noone else to blame, let that be a lesson to me. I'm glad I did find a pair though I put them in place of the 38's for a try-out with music and they sounded very good they seemed to really widen the back stage all by them selves (accross a 19ft wide room). No regrets on the travel I did to secure them although lastnight I held them, I try not to think about that. I will make copys of all my reciepts, thanks for that one.

Thanks guys

Dave
  • acdds
    acdds Posts: 253
    edited November 2003
    Options
    I'm sorry, I just read your thread. The CC in Johnstown, PA had the Fxi30's NIB on clearance for $81/ each about 2weeks ago. Johnstown is about 50-60 miles east of Pittsburgh, just in case anyone else is interested.
    Receiver = Denon AVR-3803
    DVD = Denon DV-2900
    Fronts = SDA SRS 2.3TL's
    (Carver m1.5t)
    Center = CSi40
    Side surrounds = Fxi30's
    Sony 12" sub
    TV = Hitachi 57F500

Bedroom rig:
    Pioneer SX-1050 receiver
    Rti38's