i could resist no longer....

Options
juice21
juice21 Posts: 1,866
edited February 28 in Clubhouse Archives
well, i know i posted about the sweet deal for the rt55i's at my local CC last week for $129/ea. they were still there last nite, and recieving a $100 CC gift card in the mail yesterday, as aaron would say, "resistance was futile"... i am now a proud owner of a pair of rt55i's with minor cosmetic damage for $175 out of pocket. not too bad....:D

the only question now, is what will i use them for???
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• trubluluc
    trubluluc Posts: 2,067
    edited January 2002
    Options
    J-

I'm trying to figure out the difference between the rt55i, and the top end of a rt3000i. It seems that they are the same except the 3000 has a dome tweeter.
    Is this right?

-L
  • juice21
    edited January 2002
    Options
    i thought the 3000p had the tri-lam tweeter as well? the only difference was i thought the 3000p could handle more power and has 1db greater sensitivity...
  • jcaut
    jcaut Posts: 1,849
    edited January 2002
    Options
    The 55i's are great speakers, but they're quite a bit different from the RT3000 satellites. It was discussed here a while back. The 3000's are sealed enclosures and have a built-in, high-pass filter at 80Hz. The drivers are different, and the power handling is greater. They're not really intended to be used apart from the matching subs, though I'm sure it CAN be done. They do share the tri-lam tweeter, as far as I know.

Enjoy your bargin priced speakers! I bought a pair I really didn't need as well.... A little overkill for computer speakers..:)

Jason
  • GZ
    GZ Posts: 343
    edited January 2002
    Options
    One hell of a deal. I thought I did good when I got a pair of RT35i's for the kids system down in the rec room for $130/ea.
  • Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited January 2002
    Options
    the only question now, is what will i use them for???
    Black Sabbath. Deep Purple. Led Zeppelin. Alice Cooper. Y&T. Motley Crue. Van Halen. You get the idea.

Great deal! What fun!

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • juice21
    edited January 2002
    Options
    well, hooked them up when i got home tonite, and of course, it was too good to be true. the upper driver is blown in one of the rt55i's. well, guesss it's back to CC for a return. i know they carry the warranty, i just don't feel like going through the shipping back and forth...

oh well, almost a sweet deal for me...:(
  • trubluluc
    trubluluc Posts: 2,067
    edited January 2002
    Options
    It was....is a sweet deal. You just have to wait
    a little longer to realize it.
    They'll swap you out.

-luc