Yippie! CSi40 has landed!

Options
Pauly
Pauly Posts: 4,519
edited October 2003 in Speakers
Well finally traded the 30 in for the 40 and only 60bucks to do so. So all around bottom dollar I paid 260.00 for the 40. (199.00 for the 30 +60 trade in for the 40) man this center is freakin awsome! I got about an hours worth of play tonight (mainly music, all chann stereo) will do some HT playing around tomorrow. But it just "shines" through compared to the 30. I cant wait to upgrade my rig to really hear this sucker jam. Shizit w/ only 65 watts from my Onk i can only imagine how better it can sound.

Bonus.. Wife had no problem compared to few weeks ago when it was still 399.99 (200.00 trade in) HAHAHA $$$ Left for a 12er on the way home!

SCORE!

Late,

Spaz
Life without music would
Post edited by Pauly on

Comments

• Dr. Spec
    Dr. Spec Posts: 3,780
    edited October 2003
    Options
    SCORE!!

The CS400i and the CSi40 are head and shoulders above their smaller counterparts, the CS245i and the CSi30.
    "What we do in life echoes in eternity"

Ed Mullen (emullen@svsound.com)
    Director - Technology and Customer Service
    SVS
  • eclypse
    eclypse Posts: 595
    edited October 2003
    Options
    :) Crank that baby! Congrats! :D

Today i
    m building a free standing shelf stand for my CSi40 so it will be perfectly sitting ontop of my HDTV... hehe its about the only way since i cant just sit it on a Samsung 61" DLP that only has about a 1" lip ontop.. This speaker is getting the full royal treatment.
    Full 5 channel set of Polk Audio
    Fronts - LSiM 705
    Center - LSiM 706c
    Sides - LSiM 703
    Mits WD-82842 82" DLP 3DTV
    Denon AVR-3313CI Receiver
    Emotiva stealth DC-1
    Emotiva XPA-2/Fronts XPA-3 Center-surrounds
    Oppo 103

Loving the new Family! :)
  • Pauly
    edited October 2003
    Options
    Nice. post some pics when you are done!
    Life without music would
  • bigsexy1
    bigsexy1 Posts: 557
    edited October 2003
    Options
    Congrats spb! Good move!
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited October 2003
    Options
    Great center channel, have fun.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Pauly
    edited October 2003
    Options
    So last night i decided to play some DTS and DD Music sound Tracks to see how the 40 sounded. First DVD i played was Dave Matthews Band live at Folsom Field (Wife is a big Dave fan, i enjoy them) since i know there music covers alot of instruments and MAN the 40 sounded AWSOME! It wasnt drounded out by the fronts like they did on the 30. ANd the Mid range that it added just blew me away. The drums, gutair, bass, keyboard, electric violin and sax blended so well. The wife couldnt really tell but she knew that i was in heaven and she said well as long as your happy. Go figure :confused: Wait till she hears its time to upgrade the rig :D

Late,

Spaz
    Life without music would