Interconnects recommendation (kind of cheap)

mikejz84
mikejz84 Posts: 158
edited October 2003 in 2 Channel Audio
Okay so I am expecting to get my H/K AVR 525 receiver in the next day or two and I can hardly wait Anyway I going to use a Pioneer PDR-05 Cd player/burner with it and it seems to be a really good cd player. I want to hook it up with both analog and digital outs (analog for normal cds and spdif for my DTS-CDs). I want to know if anyone can recommend a good but affordable set of interconnects for me. I was looking at getting a pair of the RS fusion cables. Does the Spdif cable really matter at this price point?
Post edited by mikejz84 on

Comments

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited October 2003
    I would personally suggest the Signal Cable brand. They are very good, and well priced. I am heavily laden with that product in HT, and every one has performed better than my previous Monster Cable interconnects. They will not be in the 2CH rig, aside from power, but I am a real fan.

RS Fusions have received good local reviews, check them out, they are very affordable.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited October 2003
    I'd have to agree with the guys... i'm pretty happy with the pair of RS Fusion cables I have too. For the price i think they are top notch. Can they compete with the Kimber Hero's? probably not.. but then Kimbers are like $275
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    edited October 2003
    I've had great success with AudioQuest Sidewinders, 1m pair $36.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • dcarlson
    dcarlson Posts: 1,740
    edited October 2003
    $275, ouch.

The Hero's are great. I paid $200CDN for a 1m pair of Hero's. $80US, 0.5m from Sean's super fantastic audio blowout. :D

Cardas is quickly becoming my cable of choice. Although they are pricey.
    SDA-2a, Anthem Pre-2L, Anthem Amp 1, MF A324 DAC, Rotel RCD1070

Senn HD650 Cardas, Mapletree Audio Ear+ HD2, Kimber KS1030, Bel Canto DAC2, M-Audio Transit, Laptop.
  • tryrrthg
    tryrrthg Posts: 1,896
    edited October 2003
    I just got a pair from Blue Jeans Cable They are the same cable as Signal Cable Analog 2 (Beldon 89259). I got a 1 meter pair with tech flex for under $40 (shipping not included). They are very well built. I haven't had a chance to listen yet since I'm waiting on my new amp to arrive. I'm sure they will perform identical to all the great Signal Cable reviews. I highly reccomend them for a little lower cost than Signal for the same cable (different connectors).

There is alsoHeart land Cables that offers the same Beldon Cable with some very nice Bullet Plug connectors for $50 1 meter pair. That is a VERY good deal!
    Sony KDL-40V2500 HDTV, Rotel RSX-1067 Receiver, Sony BDP-S550 Blu-ray, Slim Devices Squeezebox, Polk RTi6, CSi3 & R15, DIY sub with Atlas 15
  • danger boy
    edited October 2003
    I can't use any .5meter length cables... I need either 1m or better yet 2m for most of my gear... and a kimber in that length would run about $275

sorry i should have made that clear in the above post of mine. ;)

I have tried the Sidewinders too. fine cable... just a little thin feeling to me. but sounds fine.
  • mikejz84
    mikejz84 Posts: 158
    edited October 2003
    I ended up deciding I did'nt want to wait for shipping so I just went to ratshack and got a pair of fusion cables. Initial impression: Extremely positive, really well constructed and for $25 a really great cable--I have not A/Bed them with anything else yet but they do sound great.
  • dcarlson
    edited October 2003
    If you're happy with them and don't want to go any more expensive. Do yourself a favor and don't listen to the more expensive ones. I've made that mistake a couple of times now. The more expensive cables will probably stay in your system or you'll bring them back and always think about them.

Senn HD650 Cardas, Mapletree Audio Ear+ HD2, Kimber KS1030, Bel Canto DAC2, M-Audio Transit, Laptop.
  • dcarlson
    edited October 2003
    Of course if you're willing to spend the extra, go for it. ;)

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited October 2003
    I will echo that thought from Dcarlson....just be happy, if you go searching....your life is over.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • dcarlson
    edited October 2003
    A lesson I still haven't learned. :D

• danger boy
    edited October 2003
    Originally posted by ATCVenom
    Well then, arent you the picky ****. ;)

RS Fusion it tis then!

if this was for me.. YES I AM

you can pick your friends..
    you can pick your nose....
    but you can't pick your friends' nose....

ha ha ha. I crack myself up sometimes. :p