Whar brand of reciever for my Plok RM7600's speakers?

Options
Inferior_Light
Inferior_Light Posts: 14
edited October 2003 in Speakers
I just bought the Polk 7600 series for my HT. Now the decision has come down to what receiver to buy, either the Onkyo Sr601, or the Harman Kardon AVR325. The Onkyo is $499 and rated @ 85 per channel and is a 6.1 system. The HK is $599 but I can get it for $449, but it only has 50 watts per channel but HK under-rates there power unlike most over-rate. The 7600 speakers are between 100 and 150 watts so im not sure which reciever to buy. What one do you guys recommend?
Post edited by Inferior_Light on

Comments

• steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    edited October 2003
    Options
    I would suspect that the Harmon/Kardon would have more current capability as well. Why not hold-off for at least 100watts/rms? I think you'll be glad you did.

But to answer your question, I think Polk's sound best with "mellow" amps--that being said, I'd go with the HK, given their mellow nature.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • rookiejk
    rookiejk Posts: 60
    edited October 2003
    Options
    I have a brand new denon 3803 for sale. I would probably work great with the 7600s. It is not enough for my speakers. I have only used it once and all of the stuff is back in the original packaging. Let me know if you're interested. They are going for 999.99 on crutchfield and at all authorized dealers. I got this one from an authorized dealer for much less. I am looking for $700.
    Receiver: B&K AVR505
    Fronts: Lsi25s
    Center: Lsic
    Surround: LsiXs
    TV: 57'' RP Toshiba
  • rookiejk
    rookiejk Posts: 60
    edited October 2003
    Options
    The 3803 is 110Wx7, so it has plenty of power for you.
    Receiver: B&K AVR505
    Fronts: Lsi25s
    Center: Lsic
    Surround: LsiXs
    TV: 57'' RP Toshiba