Speaker Stands

CarolinaKen
CarolinaKen Posts: 1
edited October 2003 in 2 Channel Audio
Hello everyone,
I'm new to the forums, just bought a set of RM 7200's. Need some advice on speaker stands please. I see on Polks web site that they recommend the Sanus EFSat speaker stands. I bought a set this afternoon but can't figure out how to place the speakers on them. These come with a 5x5 plate, a 3.5X2.5 plate, and a "L" bracket. The L bracket is not long enough to reach the keyhole on the back of the speaker, so that leaves the 2 plates as choices. The 3.5 seems too small, the 5" seems big enough but there is no way to secure the speaker to the plate, short of using the double sided tape that is supplied.
Sooo, any RM 7200 owners out there that can recommend how they use these stands, or recommend another stand that works well with the 7200 sats?

Thanks in advance!!

Ken
Post edited by CarolinaKen on

Comments

• tryrrthg
    tryrrthg Posts: 1,896
    edited October 2003
    go to office max or staples and get some poster puddy. It is reusalbe and holds speakers very well. I use it for mine, they won't go anywhere!

this is similar to what I'm talking about, but it will be MUCH cheaper at an office supply store...

Blu Tak
    Sony KDL-40V2500 HDTV, Rotel RSX-1067 Receiver, Sony BDP-S550 Blu-ray, Slim Devices Squeezebox, Polk RTi6, CSi3 & R15, DIY sub with Atlas 15
  • gyver65
    gyver65 Posts: 13
    edited October 2003
    I had the exact same problem a couple of weeks ago. I ordered the exact same speakers and the exact same speaker stands that you did.

I went to Home Depot and found some flat pieces of metal with holes in them and mounted them to the existing L brackets that came with the speaker stands. This formed an extension to the L brackets. It worked great. I didn't wan't to have to depend on velcro, as was suggested in the instructions, to keep my speakers on the stands.

I don't know the exact length of the metal plates but I think they were about 4 or 5 inches long. They had longer ones too but they would have been too long.

Good Luck.