MM120 enclosure help

Options
nightshade399
nightshade399 Posts: 2
edited October 2003 in Car Subwoofer Talk
I have 2 Polk Momo mm120 subs. I am going to make a custome box for them and I already have the design made. The only question I have is about the cubic feet of the enclosure. I noticed the recommended is 0.88, well the box is like 0.83333-0.85 depedning on exactly how I assemble. Will the small cubic feet create any issues or not? Thanks for you help all.

Jonathan
Post edited by nightshade399 on

Comments

• C-Man
    C-Man Posts: 307
    edited October 2003
    Options
    Stuff that thing about a pound or more of polyfill... you can get that at a fabric store, or in the sewing section at WalMart. Anywho by stuffing the box it will trick the sub into thinking it's in a larger enclosure (don't quote me, but I think it thinks it's 20% bigger) so you should be just fine if you do that.
    "The Big C"
  • nightshade399
    nightshade399 Posts: 2
    edited October 2003
    Options
    Does stuffing a box cause too much heat or does in not affect it that much? I thought about doing that, but wasn't sure about how heat disapates and all that. Thanks for the advice.
  • sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited October 2003
    Options
    no heat wont be a problem, just try and make sure that the poly fill doesnt touch the woofer
    -Cody
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited October 2003
    Options
    i'd use 1/2 to 3/4 of a pound -- ideally i'd use none if it was like 0.88 - 0.9, but anywho -- less is sometimes more... and if you jamb fill in the vent hole of a vented sub - then yes, u're gonna have heat troubles, but the momo's have a solid rear magnet structure without a noticeable vent hole... so dont worry about it.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge