Denon 3803 owners

Options
paymontana
paymontana Posts: 234
edited October 2003 in Electronics
Is the 3803 truly 7ch @ 110wpc all channels driven? Because any lit. I've seen reads " 110watts to each of its channels". Is that the same as all ch. driven or is it a underhanded way of saying 110wpc @ 2ch driven

Thank you
"It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ****."
Post edited by paymontana on

Comments

• hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited October 2003
    Options
    It is kind of well known Denon's rating is NOT all channels driven.

I think it was tested with all channels driven and was just under 80wpc
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • paymontana
    edited October 2003
    Options
    Any Idea what it rates at 4ohm's. Will it drive 4x 7's , 2x9's and lsi c effectively?
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited October 2003
    Options
    pm, the Denon 380X will NOT drive your LSis. If you search on this forum, there were several discussions on the subject. Denon *technically* is not certified to run 4 ohms load. Personally I tried 2802 and failed to drive them appropriately. Those rating indeed are for single channel driven.
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • paymontana
    edited October 2003
    Options
    I have a B&K av5125 on the way . What would be the best way to configure it ? Should I biamp my mains and then split the load between the amp and the reciever?

CJ
  • paymontana
    edited October 2003
    Options
    Those rating indeed are for single channel driven.

The specs on my Onkyo txsr800 list it as 100wpc x 2 ch driven.I guess the Denon isn't a step up in power from the Onk. I baught it any way the 3803 at 688.06 is too good of a deal to pass on.I think the 2 are very comparable. I hope the B&K helps the 4ohm problem.

CJ
  • kingtut
    kingtut Posts: 813
    edited October 2003
    Options
    According to WhatVideoMag.com, the Denon 3803 is rated at 50w x 5 when all 5 channels are driven simultaneously. I attached a link to this article previously under the "Flea Market" section. They did not test the Denon based on the 4 Ohm.
  • bigsexy1
    bigsexy1 Posts: 557
    edited October 2003
    Options
    Haven't really seen anything on the 3803, but S&V measured the 3801's true output at 92 X5, and 85X6 (so it would probably be at least 78 - 80 X 7 for the 3802/3). Also, the 3802 was measured at something like 128 X 2. I'm sure they haven't let the more recent models go downhill. If anything, they've been upgraded with better power supplys.
  • dave shepard
    dave shepard Posts: 1,334
    edited October 2003
    Options
    I'm not sure about the denons power but dosen't all channels driven mean one dedacated amp per channel?

Dave