Audiobahn?

Options
JDOGG
JDOGG Posts: 433
edited October 2003 in Car Subwoofer Talk
Are the Audiobahn Flame Q series subs (10") any good with a 900x1 amp?
Panasonic VIERA 46" 1080p plasma
Onkyo TX-SR805
Klipsch RF-7(bi-amped)
Klipsch RF-25
Xbox 360 with HD DVD
Playstation 3
Cobalt Cable
Post edited by JDOGG on

Comments

• PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited August 2003
    Options
    i wont get into specifics but you can do way better for less money.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • MTXMAN
    MTXMAN Posts: 682
    edited August 2003
    Options
    ya know how CC is carying audiocrap now?? well i went in to see my buds at the roadshop and they were all enthused about audiobahn... he showed me their "big" amp the spl one that is supposed to put out 5000x1@1ohm he said it had a thd of .02 but i think that's a load of ****. I told him that the trutech sledgehammer would beat the **** outa that amp and he was like "the what" having never even heard of trutech... i'm betting that the dampening factor on that amp is atrocious but i looked all over their website and i can't find thd, dampening factor, or slew rate... hmm... lack of info is normally a good sign that they don't want you to know. like the fact that i had to spend 30 min on the phone with sony to find out that their $1000 dry deck with the purdy screen only had 2.5v outputs...

my bud still thinks audio bahn rocks... sigh... they do have cool looking equip and their grilles are tight but other than style i think they suck ****...
    Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, hot tempered, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.
  • TrappedUnder Ice
    TrappedUnder Ice Posts: 975
    edited August 2003
    Options
    ONe thing I found out funny... Is a lot of sales guys...even at local mom and pop type shops...dont get out much. What I mean by that...they dont get into the chats and on forums to see what is going on outside thier small world. REason so many are miss-informed ...

you would think that to do their job well..they need to be informed- b ut guess selling all day...they dont feel like talking or getting more info on car audio
  • Rogue Torino
    Rogue Torino Posts: 50
    edited September 2003
    Options
    I work at good ole CC. Audiobahn is loud but it sure the hell ain't acurate. I personally dislike them. Nothing like paying up the arse for a flashy chrome basket you can't even see. Go with a more respectable brand of subs and amps. I HATE worthless flashy things, I hate the whole poser sport compact scene too. Give me some good old american iron any day.
    -Joe
  • TrappedUnder Ice
    TrappedUnder Ice Posts: 975
    edited September 2003
    Options
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited October 2003
    Options
    Also work at CC here in champaign IL. Audiobahn is a pretty big mainstay at this store. Thier flame q subs in a ported box make a LOT of noise. Granted... they dont have the sq i look for, but if someone is just trying to be loud and flashy, these subs will do it for them.

But at the same time, there's not many people that will come in and pay $300 a sub.

For the price, I like the MM2124's, and the Alpine Type R 12's
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited October 2003
    Options
    i wouldnt mind paying $300 for a sub...its the fact that i could find a better sub for $100 or more less that gets me
    -Cody
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited October 2003
    Options
    i paid over 400 per sub... haven't been able to **** about them though...

heh heh heh
  • C-Man
    C-Man Posts: 307
    edited October 2003
    Options
    Retail on my sub is $799. I paid almost $500 for it technically.

I'm trying not to complain either.
    "The Big C"
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited October 2003
    Options
    what are u bumpity bump bump bumpity-ing with?
  • C-Man
    edited October 2003
    Options
    Orion H2 15D. Pretty bad **** sub. Weighs like 59 lbs. Retail might actually be $699. I'm not totally sure.
    "The Big C"
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited October 2003
    Options
    the H2's ARE badass subs... very much so... i'd been waitin for somebody to say something about them, i've had the pleasure of drooling, but not yet hearing them yet. i'm not too fond of the funky weird basket design, but who the hell cares about cosmetics when the back window of your vehicle is being rippled daily by shockwaves... :)
  • C-Man
    edited October 2003
    Options
    Oh and it does... I've got around 1000 watts on it now and it can take about 1000-1200 more easy. I was thinking about the UsAmps 2000, but this is pretty crazy as it is. Like I said before it did 147.5 at the Db Drag. Pretty damn good for a single sub with under 1000 watts.
    "The Big C"
  • MTXMAN
    edited October 2003
    Options
    Dude, You need to slap the US-2000 on that sub... please i'm begging you. You'd probably be able to rate in SQ competition as well as spl with that amp

Dampening factor >1000
    Slew 150
    THD <0.006

Now that's an amp :D:D
    Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, hot tempered, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.
  • C-Man
    edited October 2003
    Options
    Yeah no kidding, the Zapco 750 I have has similar specs, but about 1100 less watts. It would be crazy with that thing.
    "The Big C"
  • MTXMAN
    edited October 2003
    Options
    If you're worried about price you can get it for about a grand from www.speedsound.com they're authorized and a member of the better buisness bureo (I know that's spelled wrong...)