Like new LSi 5.1 speaker system for sale cheap

Comments

• vtec11
    vtec11 Posts: 82
    edited October 2003
    Originally posted by madmax
    Like new LSi 5.1 speaker system for sale:

Color: Black ash (center is only available in black)

LSi15's (fronts)
    LSi9's (rear)
    LSiC (center)

madmax

hey madmax...

what does that mean?? The center is only avaliable in black, but u have the front and rears in more colors besides the black??? or u trying to say the others are cherry

BTW, where do you live.. East coast???

thanks...
  • Ceruleance
    Ceruleance Posts: 991
    edited October 2003
    The LSi's are two tone, black shiny finish with either black ash wood side panels or cherry wood side panels. The center doesn't have any side panels and is just shiny black all over. His speakers are all black, black shiny finish on black ash wood panels.
  • vtec11
    vtec11 Posts: 82
    edited October 2003
    got it, thanks ...
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited October 2003
    That is correct. Thanks Cer.

Some people like the cherry but for me, I think the black ash is awesome. It is almost like a multi-shade coal color. Very aestheticly pleasing.

madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited October 2003
    Max, I love my ebony too!
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • faster100
    faster100 Posts: 6,124
    edited October 2003
    wish i had the money for the lsi9's :( or 15's for that matter, would love someday to try an Lsi..
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited October 2003
    Originally posted by faster100
    wish i had the money for the lsi9's :( or 15's for that matter, would love someday to try an Lsi..

Yeah, I only have $400 and an amp that only drives to 6 ohms but would love to buy them...
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • madmax
    edited October 2003
    Here is a thought. If anyone is semi local I would be happy to travel up to an hour to meet you. I would mark off $35 from the 9's, $70 off the 15's or $17 off the lsiC. Or if you bought them all I would mark off $150. That would be $1730 for the whole system! Can you beat that?
    madmax

• Ceruleance
    Ceruleance Posts: 991
    edited October 2003
    might want to say where you live so people can determine whether they are local ;)
  • polkatese
    edited October 2003
    Max,
    that's one hell of a deal you have here! I'll meet you half-way, say, O'Hare? :)

Seriously, folks! this is one hell of a deal. The next deal comparable (but with a Fx instead of a 9) is advertised at $2,200 (demo units) + sub on Audiogon as we speak.

c'mon, don't make me beg..
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • madmax
    edited October 2003
    Originally posted by Ceruleance
    might want to say where you live so people can determine whether they are local ;)

Oh yea, I'm in Frederick Maryland.

Details, details...

madmax

• criverajr
    criverajr Posts: 1,675
    edited October 2003
    Hey,

This is getting interesting, one problem I have brand new 70/main/40center combination that i need to get rid of and could step right into the LSi series, if anybody is interested or can help make this transaction happen let's try to put this together, I live in Jersey so meeting you 1/2 way or something like that is no problem. Somebody help us do this.

CRj
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited October 2003
    I would be interested in the CSi40 for the right price. That would help eh?
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • criverajr
    edited October 2003
    dorousai,

Hey sorry about the lag time in response, but my 40 is yours for 250.00 shipped overnight Fedex insured, all paperwork original shipping material and all. It is brand new maybe 10-15 hours on it and it is flawless. Let me know and then I can talk to madmax about his center. Madmax if you read this let me work out the center, then the 70 with anyone interested, and hold the center and 15 for me.

CRj:D
  • madmax
    edited October 2003
    Criverajr,
    I'll consider that right now you have dibbs on it for a reasonable amount of time. Thanks for the efforts. Maybe we can get you set up with some LSi's!!
    madmax

• polkatese
    edited October 2003
    Chuck,
    if you mark the 15 and C for Criverajr, I might be interested on the 9, if the timing is right. Could you email me at polkatese@verizon.net when you have a minute. We'll take it off the forum. thanks..
  • dorokusai
    edited October 2003
    Criv - Yea, I am interested, email me at dorokusai@comcast.net. Why didn't the 3 of us figure all this out earlier? Polkatese, you and me....sheesh are we that lazy? I know I am. ;)
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • polkatese
    edited October 2003
    lt takes awhile to gather the strength to crack the wallet for another, yet again, unplanned spending on this sickness...:D
  • madmax
    edited October 2003
    If all this works out we should all meet somewhere and have a good meal, talk audio and make the swaps!
    madmax

Edit: Polkatese, I just noticed you are in SoCal, might be a bit far to meet for lunch! Sorry about that... I was thinking we were all local.

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,031
    edited October 2003
    Shame your not coming my way I know a great steak house....But I know the Pizza joint down where I used to live would do....Whats up man....

Dan
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • polkatese
    edited October 2003
    Chuck,
    would love to get together one of these days, it's a great idea anyways, so you guys should proceed to the nearest eatery and micro brewery :) The next time I am in your neck of the woods, I'll sure reach out.

Dan, pics?
  • criverajr
    edited October 2003
    Hey,

Polkster I think the center is gone know on to the rti70's. I brought these from a authorized dealer have original boxes, manuals, rubber feet, and everything thing else. Will furnish reciept for any action that needs to be taken with them. I am asking 550.00 if I have to ship them 500.00 for a local pick-up or up to 2 hour drive from central NJ for a drop off. These are flawless with less than 20 hours on them, black is the coller and I will post pictures tomorrow sometime in the afternoon. I have not seen these on sale anywhere I went to alot of places looking for these and believe me I am not making any money on these, probably taking a lost but will sacrafice for the LSi series. Let me know. E-mail me at carlos.rivera@spcorp.com and we can talk. Just in case any references of my dealing can be had from some of the other members I have dealt with. What I offer is what it is nothing more nothing less.

CRj:)
  • madmax
    edited October 2003
    CRj,
    It's fine to put it here but you might want to make a seperate thread just so people see it. If someone wants that particular speaker they may not be looking here at an LSi thread, especially a long one like this. Just mentioning it because I sometimes don't look past the original thread names.
    madmax

• criverajr
    edited October 2003
    Thanks, will do!
  • cogitoergosum
    cogitoergosum Posts: 8
    edited October 2003
    I've just started to build me a 'nice' living room...
    I've just bought the Sony KV-34XBR910 with the Denon DVD-2900
    and nice Salamander AV rack....

I was planning in a near future ...not that 'near' ( at least 6...maybe 12 months) to add the Denon AVR-4802R and a full 7.1 set of LSi....
    ...and man, i have too say that this price is really appealing...this is a hell of a deal!
    since I don't even have the receiver yet... these speaker would just sit in the living room ...LOL
    I need to convince the wify though...

Which state are you in?
    I'm in SF-CA

Michel

[rahhhhhh , where is the buy it now button?]
  • dorokusai
    edited October 2003
    He is in Maryland. Buy them now, before she can complain.
  • madmax
    edited October 2003
    NEVER ask first! Actually the deal is very low in price. They are headed to the other sites for a lot more if someone doesn't take them real soon.
    madmax

• cogitoergosum
    cogitoergosum Posts: 8
    edited October 2003
    OOooOOooo...in the process of making his mind...OOOOoooOOooOoOOo

How long ago did you purchase them?
    How does the warranty work in this case?
    Why no Paypal (doesn't requier account to be pre-set, the buyer just need your email)?

...i just have a really bad after taste left over by a couple of transactions gone bad with MO...

By tonite i will most likely have taken a decision...:)
  • madmax
    edited October 2003
    No warranty on the 9's. They were purchased 6 months ago from one of the grey market ebay dealers. Perfect, just no warranty. I have only played them a few times.

The 15's and center were purchased new from an authorized dealer by a fellow polk member. He sold them to me shortly afterwards when he got the DIY bug and decided to build his own. I think polk warrantees any speaker that was purchased from an authorized dealer whether you or someone else purchased it. (they can tell because the SN is removed if not authorized).

I made both purchases about 6 months ago, obviously the 15's and center are a little older, by how much, I truely am not sure. Not too long.

Paypal requires a history before they let you receive that sum of money. When you first sign up you are limited to $500. At least that is what it was about a year ago when I checked into it. Yea, I guess I should have started back then but I didn't.

I think most on this forum know me. Feel free to PM whoever for references. I have done quite a bit of dealing with Hoosier and Russman. Troy D, dorokusai and F1Nut can probably give recommendations.

Here is my Ebay feedback:

http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=madmax001

No BS here.
    madmax

• dorokusai
    edited October 2003
    Chuck is the shiznit!

Hey we need to hook up for some listening, when you gonna come down to Damascus?