hooking up RTI100'S

Options
jeff reimer
jeff reimer Posts: 16
I know some people dont like these, but I think they sound good. My question is, how do I use the pre-out on my receiver to hook up the sub on these? I tried it and the subs didnt work. Isnt it just from the pre-out of the receiver to the sub in on the RTI100'S?? Thanks.
Post edited by jeff reimer on

Comments

• gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited October 2003
    Options
    Welcome to the forum.

Does your receiver have a subwoofer out? Some receivers will disconnect their internal amps when the pre-outs are used.

Maybe if you post your receiver model somebody may be of more help.

Good luck.
    Make it Funky! :)
  • jeff reimer
    jeff reimer Posts: 16
    edited October 2003
    Options
    It is a Denon 1802...I am using the sub-out for the subwoofer, and it has a pre-out for center and L and R .
  • jmasterj
    jmasterj Posts: 327
    edited October 2003
    Options
    Hi jeff,

welcome to the club. I'm not sure you'll be able to connect them that way. I have the RTi 1000 which preceeded the rti 100. I found that the only way I could get the subs to work was to use the coupling device supplied or to use some good quality speaker wire between the subs and the mid/ high drivers. I tried using my receivers sub out to each speakers sub no luck, I tried sub out to one sub daisy chained to the other sub no luck.

The only other way you may be able to connect them is to run seperate speaker wires from the receiver to the subs, and from the receiver to the mid/ high drivers.

Keep looking maybe someone knows how it can be done good luck.
    JmasterJ Polk to the Death
  • eclypse
    eclypse Posts: 595
    edited October 2003
    Options
    I had them for a short while before returning them for the 70's.. I did love them though and was sad to return them.

Anyways.. I dont have the manual anymore but i think you might have to remove the gold jumpers between the speaker terminals on the speakers and then hook the sub out to the left level line in then across to the right line level in on the 2 100's. Might wana check the manual first to verify.
    Full 5 channel set of Polk Audio
    Fronts - LSiM 705
    Center - LSiM 706c
    Sides - LSiM 703
    Mits WD-82842 82" DLP 3DTV
    Denon AVR-3313CI Receiver
    Emotiva stealth DC-1
    Emotiva XPA-2/Fronts XPA-3 Center-surrounds
    Oppo 103

Loving the new Family! :)
  • TheMaster
    TheMaster Posts: 184
    edited October 2003
    Options
    Hey Jeff,

Here is the link for the RTi100's manual. You can find the a few ways to hook it up to your amp/receiver. I hope this will solve the problem. Enjoy.

Glenn
    RTi100 Manual
    HT:

DENON AVR-3803
    DENON DVM-1805
    SONY DVP-NS300

SONY 36' HDTV Wega

ADCOM GFA-555
    ADCOM GFA-555
    ADCOM GFA-2535
    ADCOM ACE-515

POLK RTi70's (Bi-Amped)
    POLK CSi40
    POLK FXi30's
    POLK RTi38's
    POLK CSi20
    POLK PSW 450
    SVS PB2 Plus

2 CH Stereo:

AudioSource Pre/Amp 1
    Hafler DH-500
    Sony CDP-CX235
    Monster Cable HTS3500

SDA SRS 2.3tl
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited October 2003
    Options
    My 1000's work either way. No ploblems at all. Even ran at small they put out good bass. On the sub pre-out make sure to turn sub on the Denon to YES.