paradigm

Options
glemay
glemay Posts: 574
edited October 2003 in Speakers
what so you guys think of paradigm performance series?
Main System:
Denon AVR-2805, Polk Audio RTi70's, Polk Audio CSi40, Polk Audio FXi50, Paradigm PW-2200 v.2, Toshiba 42XV545U HDTV

Second System:
Denon AVR-1705, Polk Audio R40, Polk Audio CS245i, Polk Audio R15, Paradigm PS-1200a
Post edited by glemay on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,846
    edited October 2003
    Options
    Who?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• gatemplin
    gatemplin Posts: 1,595
    edited October 2003
    Options
    I worked near a Paradigm dealer for three years. On my breaks I would go and demo the speakers. They are all very good values if you like the Paradigm sound. The performance series is probably the best bang for buck that paradigm offers. Even the little atoms will surprise you at how good they sound. Which models are you thinking of?
    Graham
  • organ
    organ Posts: 4,969
    edited October 2003
    Options
    Since you're in Canada, you should be able to get them cheap. For Canadians, Paradigm will give better bang for your buck than Polk. But IMO, Polk is better:).

Maurice
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited October 2003
    Options
    I feel like the performance series has a combination of an overly-bright tweeter, and a lean upper bass/midrange.

Then again, my definition of bright may be your definition of detail.

The Atom and Titan still get a lot of attention - I had the Atom (v1) for about 2 weeks and sent them on to someone else. They just didn't compare to the Polk and B&W shelf models I was using at the time. (imo - a LOT of people rave about them)

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • glemay
    edited October 2003
    Options
    gatemplin,

I currently have some paradigm speakers right now but am just wondering what people think about them. I am looking at sub though.
    Main System:
    Denon AVR-2805, Polk Audio RTi70's, Polk Audio CSi40, Polk Audio FXi50, Paradigm PW-2200 v.2, Toshiba 42XV545U HDTV

Second System:
    Denon AVR-1705, Polk Audio R40, Polk Audio CS245i, Polk Audio R15, Paradigm PS-1200a
  • glemay
    edited October 2003
    Options
    i've got the CC-170 and the micro v.3, for the money they sound great. just wise i would of got bigger surrounds (titans).
    Main System:

Second System:
  • gatemplin
    gatemplin Posts: 1,595
    edited October 2003
    Options
    Glemay, I have heard all of them and was impressed. The Titans are excellent, they shoudn't be too small. Maybe add a dB or two at the AVR. I went with the monitor 3s and cc370.
    Graham
  • glemay
    edited October 2003
    Options
    gatemplin

I agree, paradigm stuff is really nice, even the little micro sound good, I was amazed but you know how it is, you always want more:D
    Main System:

Second System:
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited October 2003
    Options
    I like Paradigm, specifically the Studio series. I have also heard the Cinema and Performance series, and they are just ok IMO.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.