What's your opinion??

Options
MTXMAN
MTXMAN Posts: 682
edited October 2003 in Car Subwoofer Talk
I was wondering what everyone thought as far as which subs were the best they've heard for SQ. Personally the best i've yet to hear are the Diamond Audio TDX subs, I've also found the Eclipse Titaniums to be pretty nice (way to expensive for what you get though), but i feel that the sound from the TDX is warmer. What do you guys think??
Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, hot tempered, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.
Post edited by MTXMAN on

Comments

• Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    edited October 2003
    Options
    Best I have heard?

Polk Audio dB10/dB12

Hands down. To find anything better, you have to at least double the price and go looking for unpronouncable German named companies.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • ntculenuff
    ntculenuff Posts: 1,146
    edited October 2003
    Options
    Alpine type R's are pretty musical.
    we have installed quite a few in both ported and sealed with different amps and wattage.. and seem to always sound real good... they are not that expensive compared to a lot of subs.
    Speakers:
    Definitive BP7001sc mains
    Definitive C/L/R 3000 center
    Polk RT800i's rears
    Definitive supercube I Sub
    Audio:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010
    Emotiva XPA five Gen 3
    OPPO BDP-103 CD, SACD, DVD-A
    Video:
    Panasonic TC-P65ZT60
    OPPO BDP-103 Bluray
    Directv x's 2
  • TrappedUnder Ice
    TrappedUnder Ice Posts: 975
    edited October 2003
    Options
    I'll put my IDQ12's up against any polk sub ever made
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited October 2003
    Options
    the most MUSICALLY NICE subs i've ever had the pleasure of owning are Polk DX 10's ... had the 12's... liked the 10's better... both pair of 10's.

the most OVERALL NICE subs i've ever owned have to be the IDmaxes... almost as musical as the Polk DX subs (not quite, but close enough) and lord can they handle power, and more power, and more power and....
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • C-Man
    C-Man Posts: 307
    edited October 2003
    Options
    IDQ's. Haven't heard the Maxes yet.
    "The Big C"
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited October 2003
    Options
    no nearly 1500 watt sub will be both built to be durable (and handle that power) and still sound like a 300 - 400 watt sub musically.

while the IDmax is a hell of a sub, there is a compromise made there, and it is noticeable. It is not as musically accurate, nor does it have the frequency range of the IDQ (or other quality SQ subs - ie DB / type R yada yada yada).

the cone mass, surround stiffness, and other characteristics make it a 'brute'... and i dont know how many brutes do ballet... actually i take that back - and with such make a good analogy - its been common knowledge that some pro and many college football players (specifically linebackers and linemen) have taken up hardcore dance insturction (ballet, etc) for the purpose of bettering their footwork and balance... and while i'll give them the benefit of the doubt that they could, if putting their minds to it and dedicate themselves, do well at ballet, there is no way in hell they could ever perform as a limber lanky agile person would. ... take that for what its worth.

However, when you want a sound quality close to that level, but value 'earth shaking' (and i say that literally) bass, the Max and subs of its type are the only way to go.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • TrappedUnder Ice
    edited October 2003
    Options
    C-man...I said any sub Polk ever had...btw..from my understanding...The maxes are way louder then IDQ...but dont have thier SQ...
  • C-Man
    C-Man Posts: 307
    edited October 2003
    Options
    TUI, I know what you said, I was agreeing with you and adding to what Dodge said about the IDMax's. I haven't yet heard the Max's, but I know what you mean... I like the Orion H2 for the same reason and also the Brahma. Nice SQL subs.
    "The Big C"
  • TrappedUnder Ice
    edited October 2003
    Options
    ooops...my bad c-man :)

:D