Two 2-ch set-up in one room

2»

Comments

• HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited September 2003
    Originally posted by madmax
    I thought I had heard that somewhere. So where did you come up with 11,700 feet?

I broke every fundamental rule in wavelenth calcs (trying to be funny:p) in calculating a 20 Hz signal. Sound and RF are two very different animals and I was just playen around.;) Tour actually caught the joke because temp and pressure are guiding factors to calculating the speed of sound and wavelength which is how we landed in FrankZ country.

You can buy the new Denon TT which has an onboard ADC with redbook pcm out. Very cool IMHO!

HBomb
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited September 2003
    Sorry Hbomb,
    After I wrote the previous quote I thought to myself, would he take that personally? Certainly not how I meant it. My question was seriously what type of Eng you did. I do mostly data logging digital circuit design stuff and previously a lot of EMF low level stuff which was somewhat audio related because we sent a 30 hz signal down this 500 to 1000 ft cable and the 0 to 5 mv signal coming back is what we worked with. Talk about cable matching and noise awareness. You could pinch the cable and cause a full range swing if you tried, let alone choose the wrong shielding or connectors!!!
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • HBombToo
    edited September 2003
    Sorry Hbomb,
    After I wrote the previous quote I thought to myself, would he take that personally? Certainly not how I meant it.

Max
    In no way was I offended or did I read anything into your question. Remember your dealing with the HBomb over here;) No problem over here bud!

Talk about cable matching and noise awareness. You could pinch the cable and cause a full range swing if you tried, let alone choose the wrong shielding or connectors!!!

This is the very same reason in which I'd opt for longer speaker wire rather than lengthy IC's.

HBomb
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • HBombToo
    edited September 2003
    Originally posted by gidrah

Psst: I'm thinking of trying twisted strands of magnet wire on the VOTTs. Don't tell anyone though.

Details man... Details! I can keep a secret:D

HBomb
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    edited October 2003
    Everything I've read by the professionals has always been longer interconnect/shorter speaker cable. Interconnects, being line-level, are much less likely to pick-up stray RFI.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • Notorious
    Notorious Posts: 17
    edited October 2003
    Originally posted by organ
    I'm going to look around and see if I can find some cheap 12ga cables.

HOME DEPOT.

Seriously.
    Twist one. For DnB.