Like new LSi 5.1 speaker system for sale cheap

madmax
madmax Posts: 12,434
Like new LSi 5.1 speaker system for sale:

Color: Black ash (center is only available in black)

LSi15's (fronts)
LSi9's (rear)
LSiC (center)

All like new, never driven hard, smoke free temperature/humidity controlled home, shipped in original boxes. Great for multi-channel audio or Home Theater.

Shipping and full insurance included in price anywhere in the USA except Alaska and Hawaii. Will accept USPS MO. Unfortunately I'm not set up to receive paypal payments.

I'm a bargin hunter. If you look, you will see that you cannot come up with a cheaper price for this system anywhere. (including shipping, insurance, original boxes and like new condition)

price: $1940 total

madmax
Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
Post edited by madmax on

Comments

• hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited October 2003
    madmax is a great guy, buy with confidence, great speakers at a great deal.
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited October 2003
    I agree, a gentleman 100%.

Great prices, and you would be insane not to at least TRY and sell some of your bothersome children to buy these speakers.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • criverajr
    criverajr Posts: 1,675
    edited October 2003
    madmax,

I was wondering why are you selling these and are you only going to sell them as a set, or will you sell seperate?

CRj
  • madmax
    edited October 2003
    Originally posted by criverajr
    madmax,

I was wondering why are you selling these and are you only going to sell them as a set, or will you sell seperate?

CRj

I would like to sell as a set just because I don't want to waste a lot of time with them but if they don't sell I'll probably break them up into pairs.

I am selling them because I already have the SDA's which I personally like better for two channel given my room and electronics. HT has not turned out to be the priority I thought it would be. Another reason is that I would like to try some magnepans for the fun of it and this would make a nice down payment.

PS: Thanks for the above praises!

madmax

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited October 2003
    I can also vouch for both Chuck and the LSi's....

Great speakers, great price and Chuck is a GREAT guy.

This is a win-win deal.

Chuck, what kind of Maggies are you looking for?

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • madmax
    edited October 2003
    I'm guessing the 3.6 but I haven't auditioned them yet.
    madmax

• Ceruleance
    Ceruleance Posts: 991
    edited October 2003
    I may be interested in the 9's or the 15's if you decide to break them up eventually. Let me know
  • madmax
    edited October 2003
    I would sell the LSi9's for $575 or the LSi15's for $975. (total including shipping and insurance)
    madmax

Edit: Changed above from LS15 (mistake) to LSi15.

Also, and this is dumb, my separate price is lower than my original system price because I wanted $330 for the center.

The System price I really want is $1880. I don't know how I calculated $1940.

So to summarize: (all including shipping and insurance)

Complete system: $1880
    or
    LSi15's $975
    LSi9's $575
    LSiC $330

madmax

• sperino
    sperino Posts: 30
    edited October 2003
    Don't split em up yet! What is the retail price of all that stuff? I'm lazy.
  • madmax
    edited October 2003
    Originally posted by sperino
    Don't split em up yet! What is the retail price of all that stuff? I'm lazy.

It's listed in the site somewhere. Crutchfield might be a good place to look for what it actually costs new. I would look it up for you but I'm late for work right now. This evening I'll check it out. Gotta run...
    madmax

• sperino
    edited October 2003
    Don't go through any trouble. I just figured you might have rememberd what you paid for them. Or, did they fall off a truck?

I'll check it out! Thanx.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,964
    edited October 2003
    LSi15 -- 1,500
    LSi9 -- 900
    LSic -- 500

RETAIL ^^^
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • madmax
    edited October 2003
    Or, did they fall off a truck?

Actually some crazy dude in a white van was selling. Had skulls on the dashboard and was playing 80's music loudly. Vanity license plate said MICAH on it... :D

madmax

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    edited October 2003
    I too have been accosted by that same crazy dude, he had socks all over the inside of his van.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• sperino
    edited October 2003
    Well Max, I'd offer you $1400 and my girlfriend. But with that exchange you'd eventually only end up a humble RT owner like myself. Then again, adding her to your budget, you probably couldn't save up for anything. Like me:D
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited October 2003
    Max,
    How's a guy supposed to PM ya, or send ya an Email when you've got it disabled?
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • madmax
    edited October 2003
    Originally posted by Frank Z
    Max,
    How's a guy supposed to PM ya, or send ya an Email when you've got it disabled?

I was relying on the forum this time because my email is at work and I'm somewhere else. I don't want to OK a sale here with an offer waiting somewhere else. (possibly one that came in sooner). Also, I haven't figured out why it is disabled on the site yet.

madmax

• madmax
    edited October 2003
    Well Max, I'd offer you $1400 and my girlfriend. But with that exchange you'd eventually only end up a humble RT owner like myself. Then again, adding her to your budget, you probably couldn't save up for anything. Like me:D

Well, it's been a few days and no offers. Can your girlfriend cook?

madmax

• Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited October 2003
    Originally posted by madmax
    Also, I haven't figured out why it is disabled on the site yet.
    madmax

Go to the user control panel and check the appropriate spot to enable email and PM's.

9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • dorokusai
    edited October 2003
    The RTi blowout shite may well be affecting real ear purchases Max. It is a shame, those LSi's are priced to blowout also.

Just FYI you onlookers, these are the definitive current Polk Audio speakers. They set the standard by which the R and RTi's are measured.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited October 2003
    Put em on Audiogon, be done with it.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • sperino
    edited October 2003
    Originally posted by dorokusai
    The RTi blowout shite may well be affecting real ear purchases Max. It is a shame, those LSi's are priced to blowout also.

Just FYI you onlookers, these are the definitive current Polk Audio speakers. They set the standard by which the R and RTi's are measured.

Easy Tiger. Breeeth
  • sperino
    edited October 2003
    Hey Russman,

I just saw Frampton in concert. In Houston, during Sept. I didn't realize the dude was still alive.
    Was worth $10 bucks just to here "Do you feel like we do" live!
  • sperino
    edited October 2003
    Originally posted by madmax
    Well, it's been a few days and no offers. Can your girlfriend cook?

madmax

She can make a mean Stouffer's meatloaf!
  • madmax
    edited October 2003
    Originally posted by RuSsMaN
    Put em on Audiogon, be done with it.

Well Damn,
    I thought those were pretty reasonable prices. So much for re-sale value. I could get more than that out of a single pair of 15 year old SDA's that I spent less on. Oh well, live and learn. I'll re-post where they are for sale once I take pics and all that crap. I figured this would be easy but I guess not. Are people actually spending the real cash for them in the stores? I can't imagine how I would feel if I had just spent over 3 grand on them and wanted to sell for over a third off with free shipping with no real hits. That would really bite.
    madmax

• dorokusai
    edited October 2003
    Easy Tiger. Breeeth

Huh?
  • madmax
    edited October 2003
    Easy tiger, easy... :D

(you got me)

madmax

• danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited October 2003
    madmax, i just don't hear many people lusting after the LSI's anymore like they where a year or two ago. sad really.

i'd go with what russ said and put them up for auction. it's very nice of you to offer them to the forum members first.. for super good prices... don't sell yourself short.. stick to your prices.. i'm sure someone out there would love to have them.

good luck.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • madmax
    edited October 2003
    Thanks DB,
    I'm guessing if you can buy a "new" system on Ebay for maybe $200 more then what is the point of buying a "like new" system?
    madmax

• danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited October 2003
    madmax, you may want to sell them seperately too. you will probably get more $ that way if you do.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin: