Tweeters facing in or out?

Options
GZ
GZ Posts: 343
edited October 2003 in Speakers
This guy at work, a big B&W speaker fan, picks up the demo pair of 28's from CC last night. He wants to put them in his kitchen above the upper cabinets but has to place them horizontally because they're about 1/8" too tall. So he asks me if he should place them with the tweeters facing in or out. I give him the standard, "Whatever sounds best to you". IMHO they would sound better with the tweets facing in. What to you guys think?
Post edited by GZ on

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,067
    edited October 2003
    Options
    if you lay them on their side, make sure the tweeters are facing inwards towards each other and not outward away from each other
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited October 2003
    Options
    6 of one, half a dozen of the other.

Your advice was correct, try both, pick the one he likes best.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited October 2003
    Options
    1/8" of an inch? get the belt sander out
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • Ceruleance
    Ceruleance Posts: 991
    edited October 2003
    Options
    actually in my RT55i manual it specifically states that when placed horizontally the tweeters should be on the outside. I believe the reason cited was soundstage, but it might have been imaging. But who cares what the manual says, try it both ways, with the size of the 28 the tweeter position would vary by 10" at most, I cant imagine you could hear much of a difference.