Xbox 360 game where I do not get killed

Options
BlueFox
BlueFox Posts: 15,251
edited January 2010 in Video Games
I finally bought a 360 and am currently switching between BioShock and Halo3. However, I am tired of constantly fighting. That is the primary reason why I stopped playing with the original Xbox. While fighting has its place, I would like the chance to just wander around some cool world with having to fight my way from point to point.

One part of Metroid Prime on the Nitendo Cube was just wandering around looking for stuff, and this was actually was kind of fun since they had so many different and interesting environments to search.

What would be Xbox equivalent games that are interesting to play without having to shoot something? Preferably, played from a 1st person perspective.
Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
Three 20 amp circuits.
Post edited by BlueFox on

Comments

• halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,574
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Maybe check out the Resident Evil series? Still gotta fight a little bit from time to time. But you wander around a lot.

If you like jet fighter, flying games, check out Ace Combat 6. I mean....ya still shoot stuff. But on a different playing field s to speak.
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • BlueFox
    edited December 2009
    Options
    halo71 wrote: »
    Maybe check out the Resident Evil series? Still gotta fight a little bit from time to time. But you wander around a lot.

If you like jet fighter, flying games, check out Ace Combat 6. I mean....ya still shoot stuff. But on a different playing field s to speak.

Good point about the flying games. I like the flying parts in Halo and other games. I'm not sure killing Zombies is what I am looking for, but thanks. ;)

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,574
    edited December 2009
    Options
    For me, getting into Ace Combat has been highly addictive! Its a nice change from the shoot 'em style games!

Tomb Raider is another game that might be an option. I havent tried it for 360. But I have it for PSP and its kinda cool. A LOT of wandering around looking for secrets and passage ways and stuff. Sometimes to the point where you are thinking F this. I am tired of not getting anywhere! lol
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • bigaudiofanatic
    bigaudiofanatic Posts: 4,415
    edited December 2009
    Options
    When I had my xbox all I played was racing games. I never liked playing first person shooters or anything like that on a counsel I prefer playing them on a computer.
    HT setup
    Panasonic 50" TH-50PZ80U
    Denon DBP-1610
    Monster HTS 1650
    Carver A400X :cool:
    MIT Exp 3 Speaker Wire
    Kef 104/2
    URC MX-780 Remote
    Sonos Play 1

Living Room
    63 inch Samsung PN63C800YF
    Polk Surroundbar 3000
    Samsung BD-C7900
  • tcrossma
    tcrossma Posts: 1,301
    edited December 2009
    Options
    How about an RPG? Fable, Oblivion, Fallout? Lots of exploring and wandering, with a decent amount of combat to boot.
    Speakers: Polk LSi15
    Pre: Adcom GFP-750 with HT Bypass
    Amp: Pass Labs X-150
    CD/DVD Player: Classe CDP-10
    Interconnects: MIT Shortgun S3 Pro XLR
    Speaker cables: MIT MH-750 bi-wire
    TT:Micro Seiki DD-35
    Cartridge:Denon DL-160
    Phono Pre:PS Audio GCPH
  • tommyboy
    tommyboy Posts: 1,414
    edited December 2009
    Options
    BlueFox wrote: »

One part of Metroid Prime on the Nitendo Cube was just wandering around looking for stuff, and this was actually was kind of fun since they had so many different and interesting environments to search.

What would be Xbox equivalent games that are interesting to play without having to shoot something? Preferably, played from a 1st person perspective.

Funny that metroid is a shooting game too but I see what you mean;).

And since I'm not into RPGs I still can't find anything you looking for either so I still have my gamecube hooked up to put in MP1 and MP2.
    AVR: H/K AVR240
    Fronts: Monitor 50s
    Center: CSI3
    surrounds: R15s
    Sub:Velodyne DPS10
    Dvd/Cd: Samsung HD upconverter (for now)
    TV: 50" Sammy Plasma
    game hardware: 360 and gcn.
    Gamertag: kovster27
  • thuffman03
    thuffman03 Posts: 1,325
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Good luck....I am not a gamer but evey game I ever played on a friends console I died quickly. And never play a 9 year old. You will die very quickly!
    Sunfire TGP, Sunfire Cinema Grand, Sunfire 300~2 (2), Sunfire True Sub (2),Carver ALS Platinum, Carver AL III, TFM-55, C-19, C-9, TX-8, SDA-490t, SDA-390t
  • BlueFox
    edited December 2009
    Options
    tommyboy wrote: »
    Funny that metroid is a shooting game too but I see what you mean.

Metroid had a good balance to it. Battle for a bit, and explore in peace for some time. The other games are non-stop combat. Kill one and 10 more take their place. I do not mind the fighting per-se, but if it is non-stop then it ceases to be fun after a while.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Zitro
    Zitro Posts: 864
    edited December 2009
    Options
    tcrossma wrote: »
    How about an RPG? Fable, Oblivion, Fallout? Lots of exploring and wandering, with a decent amount of combat to boot.

Agreed with this man. Fallout 3 is a perfect game for what you described, and man is it a great game. Fable I on the original Xbox was also a good deal of fun, but Fable II just sucked. Fallout 3 might be a good game to check out.
    - Jeremy

Amps: Jolida FX-10, NAD 3045, NAD C320BEE, Sansui G-9700
    Speakers: Polk Monitor 7A's, KEF Reference 104aB
    Sources: ProJect Debut Carbon, Sonos streaming FLAC
  • Sherardp
    Sherardp Posts: 8,038
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Batman Arkham Asylum
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580
  • kuntasensei
    kuntasensei Posts: 3,263
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Sherardp wrote: »
    Batman Arkham Asylum

Good call! One of the better games this year. I was gonna say Red Faction: Guerilla, but go with Batman first.
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
    Polk RTi70 mains, CSi40 center, RTi38 surrounds, RTi28 rears and heights
    SVS 20-39CS+ subwoofer powered by Crown XLS1500
    Oppo BDP-93 Blu-ray player
    DarbeeVision DVP5000 video processor
    Epson 8500UB 1080p projector
    Elite Screens Sable 120" CineWhite screen
  • BlueFox
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Good suggestions here. I have added two flying games, Fallout3, and Batman to my Amazon shopping cart. Batman is a 3rd person perspective, and for whatever reason, I dislike that mode, but I will give it a try. I started, and immediately stopped, Dead Space (3rd person) after I got killed the first time.

Thanks for the tips, and Merry Xmas.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • tcrossma
    edited December 2009
    Options
    BlueFox wrote: »
    Good suggestions here. I have added two flying games, Fallout3, and Batman to my Amazon shopping cart. Batman is a 3rd person perspective, and for whatever reason, I dislike that mode, but I will give it a try. I started, and immediately stopped, Dead Space (3rd person) after I got killed the first time.

Thanks for the tips, and Merry Xmas.

I didn't play Dead Space, but I can say that Batman is one heck of a game. Best I've played this year. I don't think you'll be disappointed.
  • Sami
    Sami Posts: 4,634
    edited December 2009
    Options
    The kids are playing Little Big Planet on the PS3 right now and I was going to recommend that but it seems to be a PS3 exclusive title.

Are you looking for a game with GTA without the violent parts? Wonder around and explore the world. I've never played it but how about Sims?

I don't know how this fits your taste:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_&_Max_Beyond_Time_and_Space
  • tcrossma
    edited December 2009
    Options
    scarf wrote: »
    oh yeah, fable, that's what i was thinking of recommending. that game was fun... but i think that was an xbox game. maybe they have a newer 360 version.

I thought Fable II for the 360 was quite a fun game, personally.
  • bevo
    bevo Posts: 306
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Oblivion IV has some great scenery to look at if you just want to explore. Fable would also be a good game with alot of exploring and not to much fighting. Maybe the sims, because it has no fighting at all. Forza 3, and race pro are decent racing sims for the 360 if you like those.
    Really though if you don't want to kill people your selection is very limited, as bad as that is to say. People just like to shoot other people in the face and that's pretty much what the top video games are about now.
    Denon 1909, want to upgrade for pre outs
    Fronts-polk RTi A5
    center-polk CSi A4
    Sides Polk FXi A6
    rears- polk rm8's
    sub-SVS pb-13 ultra
    Blue ray-ps3
    Panasonic plasma 50 inch
    Buttkicker(don't use or need it anymore since getting the Ultra)
  • BlueFox
    edited December 2009
    Options
    bevo wrote: »
    Really though if you don't want to kill people your selection is very limited, as bad as that is to say. People just like to shoot other people in the face and that's pretty much what the top video games are about now.

I do not have a problem with the fighting. It is just in some games that's all there is. It is non-stop. Kill one boss, and the next is even harder. Fine, but how about a level or two where the pace slows down, and you are not on edge every second waiting for a mutant monster to suddenly appear trying to kill you.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • KrazyMofo24
    KrazyMofo24 Posts: 1,195
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I just picked up Uncharted the first one. So far a good amount of exploring and finding things. I would recommend that one too.
    Setup:

2 Channel: Vienna Acoustics Mozart Grand, T+A P 1230R, Primare SPA21, Oppo BDP-105
    PC: Vienna Acoustics Haydn Grand, Cambridge Azure 650A v2 , Peachtree iDAC, Denon DVD-3800BDCI

• Sami
    Sami Posts: 4,634
    edited December 2009
    Options
    World of Goo isn't available for consoles IIRC but I would download the demo for your computer (Windows, Mac and Linux versions available).
  • messiah
    messiah Posts: 1,790
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Pick up Fallout 3, Oblivion, and Orange box. You will have to fight in all, but not non stop. The first 2 let you explore wherever the hell you like which is really cool. Lots of side missions extend the gameplay for countless hours. You can get all 3 used at Gamestop for about 70 bucks total. For hundreds of hours of gametime, I'd say that's money well spent!!
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Benjamin Franklin, February 17th, 1775.

"The day that I have to give up my constitutional rights AND let some dude rub my junk...well, let's just say that it's gonna be a real bad day for the dude trying to rub my junk!!"
    messiah, November 23rd, 2010