anybody herd it?
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited October 2003
    Options
    I must be getting old. I'm only 18 an can't listen to the radio any more. Every time I turn it on it's "what the hell is this ****?" and "they sell records with this?" Oh well, that's why my radio antena is shaved and I have a grip of CD's.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited October 2003
    Options
    i like you more everyday bck -- smart man -- anti radio.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • Systems
    edited October 2003
    Options
    why, thank you sir.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • MTXMAN
    MTXMAN Posts: 682
    edited October 2003
    Options
    I don't think i've voluntarialy listened to the radio for more than a one or two song span (we have some pretty good rock stations in my area and sometimes they play the good ****) in the last 4-5 years... and i'm only 21... LONG LIVE THE CD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, hot tempered, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.
  • C-Man
    C-Man Posts: 307
    edited October 2003
    Options
    Yeah no kidding. Especially once you put a system worth a **** in your vehicle, the radio becomes obsolete. It's like do I really wanna listen to the radio, which generally sounds like someone is running a sprinkler nearby, when I can just play one of the many CD's I've burned from downloading any song they play on the radio... with my beautiful broadband connection... and get a much better quality sound? Hmmmmmmmm... Nah, I'll stick with my digital music stations on TV and my CD's.
    "The Big C"
  • C-Man
    edited October 2003
    Options
    Not to mention everytime I've turned on the radio for the past few years it seems like it's always a Beyonce or a Missy Elliot or a Sean Paul song that no one wants to hear. Funk that!
    "The Big C"
  • ntculenuff
    ntculenuff Posts: 1,146
    edited October 2003
    Options
    had my system for a year and just found the radio tuner ;):p;)

i cant stand the radio!!!! might as well bounce your head on the wall over and over and over and over ect.. that is all the radio is...

here is the latest from blah blah blah we have only played this 15 times since 10 am and it is now 3pm enjoy..

although, I just installed sirius sat radio in my home, there is some cool stuff on that..
    Speakers:
    Definitive BP7001sc mains
    Definitive C/L/R 3000 center
    Polk RT800i's rears
    Definitive supercube I Sub
    Audio:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010
    Emotiva XPA five Gen 3
    OPPO BDP-103 CD, SACD, DVD-A
    Video:
    Panasonic TC-P65ZT60
    OPPO BDP-103 Bluray
    Directv x's 2
  • sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited October 2003
    Options
    yeah i got XM radio last weekend and i can already tell that b/t that and my cds i will probably never listen to music on the radio again
    in the mornings i still like to listen to C101, the local rock station, they have a hilarious morning show from 6-10, in fact, if you really want to and are just that bored....you can go to www.c101.com and listen to them online, they even have a camera set up in the studio, fridays they have the local stripper girls in their studio...nice
    -Cody
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    edited October 2003
    Options
    Geez, you guys must have some really crap **** radio stations around, huh? Living so close to Philly and Wilmington, DE, there are more radio stations that play good stuff than I have presets! You can go more than 3/1oths of a frequency down the dial here without a finding a radio station to listen to. The AM side of the dial gets a little bit more sparse but still, radio stations out the wazoo. I have all 18 FM presets filled on my radio plus the 6 FM "travelling" pre-sets and there are still a couple of stations I have to seek to to be able to hear a station I like.

Most stations play decent music and only the pop stations and top40 stations have rotations and even then, the rotations rarely repeat more than once a day. They all have blocks for shows split up hourly. Most have talk/music programming, some have all music and others have all talk. There are no less than 3 sports stations and we have 9 "underground" stations which are local college stations. We have 5 classic rock stations duking it out for top honors. Temple University broadcasts on the NPR network and took over duties for WFLN when it folded. WFLN was the classical/opera station which broadcast in surprisingly high fidelity. They also do Jazz on Temple's station. We have 2 "smooth" jazz which is more of a contemporary jazz station. There are 4 rap/r&b stations, 2 oldies stations, 2 country stations and we even have WKYW 1060 which is all news, all the time. That is just the stations that I can think of right now. Philadelphia and the surrounding areas have to be the largest radio market in the country. Hell, Howard Stern's ratings doubled the week that WYSP started carrying his show in the mornings.

I guess I'm lucky but I don't think I have ever had much of a problem finding something to listen to.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited October 2003
    Options
    john i can barely fill the first 6 of my presets -- if i put crappy stuff in there i can get 8. ... and most of them play junk half the day.

buffalo sucks.

i wanna move to florida.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • Systems
    edited October 2003
    Options
    buffalo is cold. Florida is humid. Been both places and neither compare to So Cal. I'm just sayin........
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • MTXMAN
    MTXMAN Posts: 682
    edited October 2003
    Options
    that and those california girls are HOT. surfer chicks too :D:D
    Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, hot tempered, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.
  • C-Man
    edited October 2003
    Options
    "I Love Cali in the Summertime"
    "The Big C"