Wardsweb San Antonio Meet

Wardsweb
Wardsweb Posts: 872
edited December 2009 in Gatherings & Special Events
Just in case anyone is in or around San Antonio, TX this Sunday December 20th, I'm having a day of music, food and fun with fellow audio enthusiasts. If you need directions, shoot me an email [email protected]
Living room: Clearaudio Champion II turntable, EAR 834P phono pre, Auralic Altair DAC/server, PS Audio Quintessence power, DIY 6H30 Class A Linestage, ASL AQ1006 845 DT MKII mono block amplifers, DIY Altec/JBL speakers, DIY Baltic birch rack
Sun room: DIY Nelson Pass B1 w/Korg NuTube pre, Technics SL-1700 turntable, DIY Anaview d-class mono block amplfiers, JBL C50 Olympus speakers with custom Smith horns, Mapleshade Samson rack
Den: Onkyo TX-NR929 receiver, Oppo BDP-103 player, Behringer EP 4000 sub amp, Electrovoice DX-38 active, DIY EL-34 horn amp, Behringer NU6000 bass amp, Klipsch Jubilee speakers, Martin Logan Cinema center, JBL SAT2 surrounds, Danley DTS-10 sub
Dining room: Pro-Ject RPM 1 turntable, Shanling CD-T1500 SACD, Sumo Athena pre, SST Ampzilla 2000 amps, Quad 2905 speakers
Post edited by Wardsweb on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 47,269
    edited December 2009
    I wish we lived closer Luther.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 15,486
    edited December 2009
    No freakin' doubt.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~

~ I have found excellence ~

~ The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction ~

• Wardsweb
    edited December 2009
    We'll spin one for you guys and raise a few too.
    Living room: Clearaudio Champion II turntable, EAR 834P phono pre, Auralic Altair DAC/server, PS Audio Quintessence power, DIY 6H30 Class A Linestage, ASL AQ1006 845 DT MKII mono block amplifers, DIY Altec/JBL speakers, DIY Baltic birch rack
    Sun room: DIY Nelson Pass B1 w/Korg NuTube pre, Technics SL-1700 turntable, DIY Anaview d-class mono block amplfiers, JBL C50 Olympus speakers with custom Smith horns, Mapleshade Samson rack
    Den: Onkyo TX-NR929 receiver, Oppo BDP-103 player, Behringer EP 4000 sub amp, Electrovoice DX-38 active, DIY EL-34 horn amp, Behringer NU6000 bass amp, Klipsch Jubilee speakers, Martin Logan Cinema center, JBL SAT2 surrounds, Danley DTS-10 sub
    Dining room: Pro-Ject RPM 1 turntable, Shanling CD-T1500 SACD, Sumo Athena pre, SST Ampzilla 2000 amps, Quad 2905 speakers
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,394
    edited December 2009
    I would truly enjoy the possibility of visiting. I am heading to Houston tomorrow and heading back to Dallas on Sunday, maybe I could take the San Antonio route back to Dallas.

Halen
  • Wardsweb
    edited December 2009
    halenhoang wrote: »
    I would truly enjoy the possibility of visiting. I am heading to Houston tomorrow and heading back to Dallas on Sunday, maybe I could take the San Antonio route back to Dallas.

Halen

If you feel up to the drive, you are more than welcome to come by anytime and stay as long as you can.
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited December 2009
    always enjoy your pics of the meetings, maybe someday we can get out your ways.

RT1
  • Wardsweb
    edited December 2009
  • fossy
    fossy Posts: 1,379
    edited December 2009
    Very nice equipment.... & I don't just say that to all the guys......Had to work the 20th but hopefully can make it next time.... oooo those lovely ML's....
  • Wardsweb
    edited December 2009
    fossy wrote: »
    Very nice equipment.... & I don't just say that to all the guys......Had to work the 20th but hopefully can make it next time.... oooo those lovely ML's....

By the time you get a chance for the next one, the CLS will be replaced with a pair of Prodigy's trimmed in ebony.
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,299
    edited December 2009
    Real nice Luther! Tell me more about that DIY speaker with the full range woofer. I've been fascinated with some of the Fostex projects going on.
    Carl

• engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,614
    edited December 2009
    Thanks for the pics.
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • Wardsweb
    edited December 2009
    schwarcw wrote: »
    Real nice Luther! Tell me more about that DIY speaker with the full range woofer. I've been fascinated with some of the Fostex projects going on.

check out Fred's page on his DIY speakers.
    http://fredt300b.smugmug.com/Hobbies/Speakers/132721_wacsQ#616868309_fQyk9
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,614
    edited December 2009
    Very cool designs. Thanks for the link.
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Banned Posts: 21,137
    edited December 2009
    I wish I lived closer if for nothing else to get me ears on that beautiful turntable.
  • TrappedUnder Ice
    TrappedUnder Ice Posts: 975
    edited December 2009
    Day late and a dollar short i guess...I have not been on here in forever. I have 2 full polk Theater systems ( older gear though) would have been kinda cool to meet other Polkies in the area....i didnt think they existed: lol

Thomas