Mm1204

TrappedUnder Ice
TrappedUnder Ice Posts: 975
edited October 2003 in Car Subwoofer Talk
Was in local shop today..and guess what I found in the boxes on the floor! pair of MOMO mm1204's! looked fairly nice. 300rms 600max ... but manual did not have any box size recomendations. The shop called Polk..and they said .66 sealed

ack... just posting my findings..

hasta:D
Post edited by TrappedUnder Ice on

Comments

• PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited October 2003
    1204's ? -- the new 10's ??

they're supped up DX's -- i frickin love em.

if i had the money i'd redo my truck with them since i'm bored with the id stuff as of late -- i mean i like it, sounds great, but i'm bored, and about 600 bucks just fell into my lap. then again i'd have to wait till they hit ebay cheap, as large quantities of subs (like 6 of them) aint that cheap.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • Rogue Torino
    Rogue Torino Posts: 50
    edited October 2003
    not nearly as good as the MM104 but it's in a totally different class.
    -Joe
  • sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited October 2003
    i wish $600 fell into my lap...
    -Cody
  • MTXMAN
    MTXMAN Posts: 682
    edited October 2003
    hell i'd be happy with 20 so i could get some gas ;D
    Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, hot tempered, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited October 2003
    eh it was more of a tuition refund cuz i dropped a class cuz i'm friggin lazy/stupid.

i spent all day today aquring pieces and then putting a dual battery setup in the old man's truck -- i dont get it, but with one big battery (and we tried 3 over the course of owning it - mopar 750 cca/ my old exide / and a die hard and they all just sucked) it kinda goes "wur wur wur uwr --- wuuur --- VROOM" and starts.

which is ****.

so i put two of the batteries i've got in my truck and rewired the whole thing with 4 gauge from alt to batteries and grounds and ****, and now... it does half a wur.. "wu-VROOM" and boom she starts.

much gooder.
  • sntnsupermen131
    edited October 2003
    you should check the tailgate vince, if it says dodge, thats probably whats wrong:D
    -Cody
  • MTXMAN
    edited October 2003
    ouch. even worse if it ways ford ;D...

oh yeah get this. ya know that whole avalanche truck look??? if you were driving a 100hp 96 saturn SC1 and you were sitting at a stoplight next to new truck of this style and he wanted to race do you think you could win?? well neither did i but i beat the crap outa him, i had more pickup and mor high end, he couldn't get ahead or even start to catch up and i didn't slow down till i hit 90. after that he got ahead of me as i slowed to turn off of that street and i saw that it was some nissan pos. i had to laugh at the dork, he's trying to look cool in a nissan truck by racing a SATURN! and then he goes and loses royally :D:D it made my day
    Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, hot tempered, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited October 2003
    mopar has their share of fk ups -- i'm more than willing to admit that... as far as nissan though -- i hate those trucks... they have like "Car" rear axles... they totally suck.

however they are durable as hell... as long as you treat them more like a jeep than a truck, they tend to last pretty long, and they'll go up the side of a mountain (the older style ones) -- they're legendary for that in foreign countries supposedly.
  • MTXMAN
    edited October 2003
    i just realy got a kick outa beating that nissan, he was all actin like he was the **** and then he got completely STOMPED by a saturn :D:D:D it was definately fun :D
  • sntnsupermen131
    edited October 2003
    i raced my friend in his 01 tahoe one time...he barely beat me in the quarter
    i had him from the start...then he came from behind
    my truck has great pick up till like 55
    but a lot of that deals with the low gearing
    and i didnt accelerate as fast as i could have cuz i dont want to mess up my tires
    or i mightve tied...
    i need a chip...hell...i need a newer truck
    -Cody