what's in your cd changer?

Options
Micah Cohen
Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
edited January 2002 in Car Audio & Electronics
The next issue of the Polk Audio newspaper is going to be a sort of demo-suggestion clearinghouse, an overview of the best of the best for people who are just joining the audio crowd. (Did you know that over 25 million people now have a DVD player? That it was the most popular gift this past holiday season? And that most people don't even realize all the cool stuff you can do with formats like DVD, CD & multi-channel music?)

Do you have a single personal favorite car audio demo disc, whether it's a DVD or CD? If you do... Please contribute a short post here that looks like this (I used a DVD for example):

SPY KIDS (DVD)
Jump-to demo tracks:
4: bicycle rides around rear channels, cool surround effect
10, 19: weather conditions in the "virtual room" provide deep bass and good wide dynamics
22: lots of low end!

That's it! No need for a lengthy "review," just the format, your favorite "jump-to" demo tracks & why they sound cool in your Polk car speakers.

Any format is fine: CD, DVD, DVD-A, or SACD, what I'm looking for is more car-oriented demos.

I will be compiling these, testing them out, and combining them with the suggestions from our field sales force for an all out demo-rama in the next issue. I might even -- if you're good -- attribute them!

PLEASE: If you see someone has already posted "your" demo disc, the one you were going to post, please DO NOT repost it; pick something else and post that.

Gentlemen, start your demos!

(Thanks! Micah)
ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
Post edited by Micah Cohen on

Comments

• Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited January 2002
    Options
    Sinatra, these days, and furious whine from the goddamn alternator, especially since I'm driving home in the cold and dark with the lights blazing and the heater chugging away.

Nothing demo-esque in the Sinatra stuff, either. Early recordings on CD.

What about you, demo-boy?

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • sc0tty8
    sc0tty8 Posts: 69
    edited January 2002
    Options
    My cd-changer=broke:mad:
  • wodom1
    wodom1 Posts: 1,054
    edited January 2002
    Options
    Micah listening to Sinatra...LOL. how's the new CD player working? any better/worse than the pre-theft one?
    "I got into the music business thinking it was really radical, that it wasn't really a business at all, that it was a lot of people being artistic and creative. Not true, and it made me very depressed."

Thom Yorke of Radiohead

SOPA. Bow down before me, ****. Want a cookie?

Polk Audio LSi15
    Polk Audio LSiC
    Polk Audio FXi30
    Samsung LN-T4061F 40" 1080P LCD HDTV
    Sony Playstation 3
    Outlaw Model 990 Pre/Pro
    Rotel 985 MK II
    Rotel 1072 CDP
    Soundstage Vacuum II tube pre
  • djsSHO
    djsSHO Posts: 36
    edited January 2002
    Options
    Crystal Method-Tweekend

Ton's of bass for my bandpass MOMO 12.

Track 11 is one of my fav's....i just watch the voltmeter drop and the ammeter needle jump..:)

On light listenin days.....Diana Krall....

Piano sounds great on my aftermarket speakers (Inf. Kappa's) and the sub is noticeable when the bass is strummin away.

Picked up one of her CD's after you guys reviewed it in a Polk magazine issue a while back...and now i own a whole bunch....good call :)

My $.02
    Derek S.
    1994 MTX SHO
    Polk MOMO 12"
  • mesquitehead
    mesquitehead Posts: 312
    edited January 2002
    Options
    well just got my new system installed friday night.....as for tunes...chemical brothers , storyville, art of noise, limp bizkit, pushmonkey, david gray, charlie parker, lyle lovett (hey this is texas)....the lyle cd has great production and sound it ranges from piano to big chiors and stand up bass. it is not a boom boom system! i got 6.5 components up front and orion 4x6 rear plates and a 10"dvc sub wired to 4 ohms in a custom box under the rear seat in a 1997 chevy full size x-cab truck....in fact it is all "hidden".
    "Thats great... but how does it sound"
    http://www.burginmcdaniel.com/

http://mixonline.com/gear/reviews/audio_burgin_mcdaniel_komit/

Yamaha RX-A820 (networked with wireless bridge), Carver M-1.0t, Carver TFM-35, Carver C-1, Polk SDA1c's (x2 pair), Polk RTA 8tl's, Polk RTA 11tl's, Polk Monitor 5, Polk CS 400, Polk PSW 650, Rega Planar 3, Sony DVPNC555ES SACD/DVD, Panny 65" Plasma, Roku

2007 Tundra 5.7 TRD DC
    Pioneer DEH-80PRS
    Polk SR6500
    SI BM 12" subs
    Zed Gladius
    Zed Deuce
  • sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited January 2002
    Options
    one of my cds is lit(a place in the sun)
    the song miserable towards the end has firecrackers (something like roman candles) going from left to right then right to left and sounds really cool and gives the tweeters a work out
    -cody
  • wodom1
    wodom1 Posts: 1,054
    edited January 2002
    Options
    Dave Matthews Band--Under the Table and Dreaming
    The Dave Brubeck Quartet--Time Out
    Phish--Billy Breathes
    Radiohead--OK Computer
    Miles Davis--Kind of Blue
    Nick Drake--Pink Moon
    "I got into the music business thinking it was really radical, that it wasn't really a business at all, that it was a lot of people being artistic and creative. Not true, and it made me very depressed."

Thom Yorke of Radiohead

SOPA. Bow down before me, ****. Want a cookie?

Polk Audio LSi15
    Polk Audio LSiC
    Polk Audio FXi30
    Samsung LN-T4061F 40" 1080P LCD HDTV
    Sony Playstation 3
    Outlaw Model 990 Pre/Pro
    Rotel 985 MK II
    Rotel 1072 CDP
    Soundstage Vacuum II tube pre