...and yet another speaker wire ?

Options
ToddB
ToddB Posts: 21
I've done some searches on this board and want to get some quality cables to go with my B&K 507 and LSi's (15, FX, C), but also don't want to break the bank. The Signal's have caught my eye and think I'll do the double run bi-wire on the front and center. Does that seem like a good match with my equipment? Other suggestions are welcome.

Also, what would you recommend for the surrounds? I'm looking at 40' to 50' runs. Am I overkilling it to go with Signal's single run bi-wires?

If I'm going in the wall and through the attic for the surrounds, is it safe to use the Signal's or do I really need to go with "in-wall" rated wires. If so, thoughts on what to use.

Any suggetions you give regarding other types of wires, if possible, please provide the most economically source for purchasing them.

Thanks.
Todd
Post edited by ToddB on

Comments

• steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    edited October 2003
    Options
    From the way I understand it, the only thing that makes a cable "in the wall" compatible is the thick shealth--my guess is it minimizes the possibility of damaging your cable when pulling through the wall. I would think that if you're careful, any good speaker cable could be used 'in-wall."
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited October 2003
    Options
    I have to 25' runs of Signal Cable Double Run, for surround duty, they are the nicest cables my inside of my rafters has ever seen :)

Those would be fine, and a great choice. I like the runs on my speaker cable to be separate, its just personal.

They are not officially UL listed for in-wall use...but then again this applies for inspection purposes, electrical code and fire code. This is specific purpose wire, not electrical wire, as listed by NEC, so it falls in a gray area that will vary from state to state. You will have to make a judgement call, I wouldn't worry about it personally.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.