Which box will sound the best?

Jason C Bolt
Jason C Bolt Posts: 8
edited December 2009 in Custom Fabrication
I have a RF p3 d212 and am going to make a box. Note that this is my first box so i'm a little unsure on which one to attempt... Its between these 3.

Go to this page and click the "Box advisor" tab. There they'll be a Sealed, a ported and if you click on the tab in the ported one you can select "power enclosure"

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/product_details.asp?cat_id=4&series_id=31&family_id=11&item_id=108288&locale=en_US&p_status=

I'm leaning toward the Power Enclousre but RF is leaning more towards the sealed box, (according to there scale) but i kind of want a ported one. I'm not sure which will sound best... I listen mainly to Rap and Trance music.

I just want it to sound as good as possible. Any input is appreciated. Thanx.
Post edited by Jason C Bolt on

Comments

• Grimster74
    Grimster74 Posts: 2,564
    edited July 2009
    My own personal taste has always been sealed enclosures. I much prefer the tightness of the bass with a sealed enclosure compaired to a ported enclosure. Sealed enclosures are often smaller than ported/vented enclosures and if tuned properly, just about everything sounds great with a sealed enclosure. Using a sealed enclosure will also require less wattage compaired to a vented enclosure when choosing an amp and not only that, RF recommends using a sealed enclosure. Just finished my GS-R install this past weekend running dual Polk 12's and a 1000 watt monoblock amp in a sealed enclosure and if need be, I can take the air out of your lungs as well as make your teeth rattle in your mouth. Check the link for install pics. http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85610

Rob
    Money Talks, Mine says Goodbye Rob!!!!
  • cadenceclipse
    cadenceclipse Posts: 459
    edited July 2009
    i agree. sealed better 4 SQ. but i believe sealed 2 require more power, not less than ported..
    Polk MM6501 kick panels, Eclipse cd7200mkll and SW9122 Bomb Box, Cadence A4, A7, CAP5, JL8W3V3
  • agreece09
    agreece09 Posts: 8
    edited December 2009
    Hi wilz,

Your car sound like its ok then so the mapping of it should be what i