American Pie 2/The Kiss OF The Dragon

SPEAKER7
SPEAKER7 Posts: 355
edited January 2002 in Music & Movies
HI,

Just wondering if anyone have seen these two movies.....and how would you rate it before I pop it open? I just picked them yesterday but will not get the chance to watch them til I get through the others that I had purchased before x-mas. I'll will hopefully be getting the Sony WEGA 450 36" xbr next month and will be taking a week off to sit back and relax.

FYI (un related) I just noticed that there is a new rear screen projection that is very huge 70"+ made by Mishibitshi (can't spell) in the new issue of the Audio/Video mag. I guess everyone need a bigger home to support this TV.

Also, I seen the Sony wega 36" widescreen tv in a British A/V magazine....Man is technology ever slow to reach here in Canada....the reason I'm picking up the 36" Sony wega 4:3 flat screen ....is ...because the largest Sony wega wide screen 16:9 is only 34". If they had the 36" WD here in Canada I would definitely pick one up but I can wait any longer the 27" trinitron is making me feel like having a home theatre in a dog house.

Just one more question.......??? On the main page of the polk site
has any notice what speaker it is, as you drag your cursor over the new polk line. (it looks somethng like a rt800i but underneath the grill the box is also cherry and not black like the pair that I have) is this something new or just a web design thing?

sorry, I got carried away....I guess when it comes to AUDIO/VIDEO..i get too excited!

dc.
Post edited by SPEAKER7 on

Comments

• Firerider58
    Firerider58 Posts: 95
    edited January 2002
    I watched American Pie 2 yesterday. It has a few funny scenes in it, although you'll get tired of Stifler in a hurry. You can only listen to him calling people a **** for so long, then it gets old. In my opinion, Alyson Hannigan made the movie. She is sooooo cute, and the parts that will make you chuckle the most, include her. Not an Academy Award winner, but it's worth a watch.

Ron
  • TrappedUnder Ice
    TrappedUnder Ice Posts: 975
    edited January 2002
    American pie 2 is hallarious!. I saw it at the theater and have never laughed harder... The DVD is great also. If you liked AM1 then you will like this too or better...if you did not like AM1..then dont bother... its not the same stuff..but same humor type..

other movie..I have not seen
  • SPEAKER7
    edited January 2002
    thanks guys for your reviews!

Just wondering if guys ever had a run in with an apple pie during your earlier days! just kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dc.
  • Firerider58
    Firerider58 Posts: 95
    edited January 2002
    Well,,,,,,there was this canteloupe one time,,,,,LMAO!!

Ron
  • juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited January 2002
    american pie 2 was hilarious, i saw it in the theter and laughed my **** off, i have to get the dvd!!!

.02 on the tv... the 36" WEGA vs. the 34" 16:9, if you watch dvd's more than anything else, and prefer OAR, the 34" tv is actually going to give you a larger viewing area for OAR movies than the 36". put an OAR dvd dispaly on your current 27" trinatron, pause the dvd and measure diagonally the 16:9 image, you will find this is significantly less than 27" inches after the 'black bars'. so with the 4:3 36", when viewing OAR dvd's, after the 'black bars' you are left with a 30-32" diagonal or worse, with the 34" you still have 34"(or close depending on OAR of film). just a thought....
  • SPEAKER7
    edited January 2002
    juice21,

thanks for your suggestion..... what I may have to do is to cheat a little and use the zoom button on the dvd player......even though I will still loose some pic on the two sides.

by the ....the Sony WEGA 34" wide screen HDTV is retailed priced at
    6999.99 canadian and the 36" wega HDTV compatiable 4:3 is 3999.99...but, I will try and get a better pricing before I bring one home.

FYI.......my copy of The American Pie 2 that I have picked up is recored in full screen.....not sure what's in the US version.

dc.
  • juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited January 2002
    yeah, the price difference is a definite issue too! can give a little for almost 1/2 the price...
  • barney69
    barney69 Posts: 29
    edited January 2002
    I live in Canada too and I was just looking at the pricing and wouldn't you actually purchase a 51" 16:9 Sony or a 53" 4:3 Sony with the DRC, and the look truly amazing. I mean for the price why not? unless you have space restrictions and all.

Just a thought, cheers!