Blown Tweeter - Model 7

Options
oldmodel7
oldmodel7 Posts: 2
edited September 2003 in Troubleshooting
I have a pair of Model 7A's (my dad was the original owner), and one speaker apparently has a blown tweeter (perhapes just deteriorated with age and mosture).

While replacement parts seem to be available here, how do I determine if its a blown tweeter or a blown crossover?

There is no sound at all comming from the tweeter while the woofer seems to work OK. I have already checked the fuse and cleaned the contacts.
Post edited by oldmodel7 on

Comments

• Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited September 2003
    Options
    VOM the tweeter leads...

Swap tweeters...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited September 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by Tour2ma

Swap tweeters...

Bingo. Put the tweeter from the left into the right and vice versa. If the problem travels with the tweeter you know it's bad.

About the middle of the top of the page there is a "Service and Parts" icon. Follow the steps. Make sure to let them know you are a "Club Polk" member.

Good luck!
    Make it Funky! :)
  • gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited September 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by Tour2ma

Swap tweeters...

Bingo. Put the tweeter from the left into the right and vice versa. If the problem travels with the tweeter you know it's bad.

About the middle of the top of the page there is a "Service and Parts" icon. Follow the steps. Make sure to let them know you are a "Club Polk" member.

Good luck!
    Make it Funky! :)
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited September 2003
    Options
    Advice from gidrah... so good it must be posted twice... :D
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD