2nd SUB question...

Options
Grimster74
Grimster74 Posts: 2,564
Been tossing the idea around, wonder what my H/T would sound like with a SECOND SVS PB2+.
Money Talks, Mine says Goodbye Rob!!!!
Post edited by Grimster74 on

Comments

• Grimster74
    edited September 2003
    Options
    They're is no way the WAF would allow another one of these monsters to hit my floor. But, to just picture, TWO of these things in your room, DAMUM. :D
  • Dr. Spec
    Dr. Spec Posts: 3,780
    edited September 2003
    Options
    Some guys are doing neat things with dual PB2's. If you co-locate them, you are looking at a 4-6 dB increase in overall SPL capability. Unless you really need it (i.e., the sub is giving out before the rest of your system or your ears do), then you don't need it.

But need and want are two different things. :) You'd be very close to B4 territory here. The dual PB2 would have an enclosure volume advantage, but the B4 has all driver reactionary forces cancelled due to the push pull (ala M&K) configuration, and that adds SPL capability.

There are a number of stacking configurations being tossed around and the coolest seems to be removal of the baseplates with the drivers explosed in a sideways stacking configuration. SVS is even working on a fabric grille for this application.
    "What we do in life echoes in eternity"

Ed Mullen (emullen@svsound.com)
    Director - Technology and Customer Service
    SVS
  • faster100
    faster100 Posts: 6,124
    edited September 2003
    Options
    Now call me crazy, but a 4-6 db increase for 1200.00 doesnt seem feasable to me, i realize this post may be a "what if" kinda post, but if a Pb2 + isnt kicking it, i would consider a pb4 first.
    and 2 pb2's stacked.. who has the room for that? I am sure people do have the room but my question is looks, space required for such a wall of subs and such. this Pb1 is large to me, of course i have a micro room, But i would consider dual Pb1 +'s first, however 4 12" woofers can certainly move more air then 2.

I was seriously thinking of sending my pb1 back for the upcoming pb2-isd, but ya know i just don't need it, and it will be a few years before we have a larger room to work with. by then i will keep the pb1 and get a pb2 +.... That's like Sid at 14 wanting a pb2-isd way overkill for a 10x10 room, not much smaller then my room but smaller indeed, and far as future plans... 4-5 years before he moves is alittle pre-pre- planning , LOL
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • Grimster74
    edited September 2003
    Options
    Just want to get things straight before things get out of control. By no way shape or form am I saying my single PB2+ isn't enough. In my opinion, its almost to much for my 3000 cu.ft. room. My Sub Level is set at -4.0 and the gain on my plate amp is just a hair over a 1/4 with the SS filter set at 25Hz. I watched "We Were Soldiers" again this past weekend and it literally sounded and FELT like I was the one being attacked. Wife had to tell me numerous times to cut it down because I was knocking things off the walls upstairs. Like Spec. told me once before, anyone who needs two SVS PB2+ may as well go with a B4., But, still think it would be cool to have two downstairs, and man, LOUD AS HELL....:D
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited September 2003
    Options
    That sub is very nice, that would be cool to have two of them, or a PB4.....ah the idea just makes me giggle.

Grim - Did I read some time ago that you were thinking of upgrading to the new line? Meaning selling the 4ES??
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Grimster74
    edited September 2003
    Options
    Yeah, was thinking about getting rid of all the Sony equipment, (not that anything is wrong with Sony equipment, as a matter of fact, love Sony's line) just felt it was a time for change. But, what I decided to do was keep all the Sony gear and just buy a 7 channel amp (still undecided) that will drive the hell out of the RTi line, as well as the LSi line, which I plan to upgrade too somewhere down the road, hoping Polk will have one hell of a sale on the LSi line. But, if I decide to get rid of the Sony gear and your are interested, you'll be the first person to now.
  • gplracer
    gplracer Posts: 36
    edited September 2003
    Options
    I had a SVS 20-39CS+ and I was happy. Now I have two 20-39CS+ subs and I am very happy.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited September 2003
    Options
    Grim - No problem man...sounds like a good plan. I would most certainly be interested in the 4ES. Drop me a line anytime, let us know what you end up buying in the Amplifier department.

dorokusai@comcast.net
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • goingganzo
    goingganzo Posts: 2,793
    edited September 2003
    Options
    get a pb2 for a car lol sounds like a idea lol
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited September 2003
    Options
    How about a PB2-Ultra instead?