New RPTV issues

Options
izafar
izafar Posts: 814
edited September 2003 in Electronics
After being able to sell my existing 32" Wega, I got a Samsung HCN4226W (42" wide screen HDTV Monitor). I got a very good deal it CC last night for $1175 plus free home delivery. The set was delivered pretty late last night; I only had a chance to use it for an hour after setting it up. The PIC quality is pretty good based upon the stock setting.

I did noticed one issue with the set. On the scenes that have dull dark backgrounds a 4" vertical band in very dim Red color is visible. The position of the band changes whenever I cycle through inputs. On the S-video feed the band is there but is of white color and it is very less noticeable than the band with DVD input. Is this a calibration issue or there is something wrong with the set and I should return this set?.

Right now I am using a non-progressive scan DVD player via component cable and Dish network feed via S-Video cable. I will do the proper setup today with either THX calibration tool or my HT Setup disk and will see if the problem goes away or not.

thanks
-izafar

Goldenear Technology Triton 1 - Benchmark AHB2 - Benchmark LA4 - Auralic Vega - Auralic Aries Mini - Marantz TT-15S1 - Clearaudio Nano
Post edited by izafar on

Comments

• fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited September 2003
    Options
    Sounds broke to me. :(
  • izafar
    izafar Posts: 814
    edited September 2003
    Options
    I got it replaced yesterday. The new unit doesn’t have this issue.

Currently I am using a non progressive scan DVD player with it. The TV is internally doing the scaling to 1080i. How much of a difference will be there if I use progressive scan DVD player?

I calibrated the set using my HT setup disk and PIC quality is great with DVD and pretty nice with dish feed. I will get digital cable with HDTV next month when I move to new place.
    -izafar

Goldenear Technology Triton 1 - Benchmark AHB2 - Benchmark LA4 - Auralic Vega - Auralic Aries Mini - Marantz TT-15S1 - Clearaudio Nano