Monster Power HTS 3500

Options
tschep20
tschep20 Posts: 39
i was considering purchasing the monter power center hts 3500 for my home theatre set up. however i have read just as many good things about it as bad. i was hoping if i could get some input from you guys, either stuff you've heard or experience that you personally had with it. thanks
Post edited by tschep20 on

Comments

• GuitarheadCA
    GuitarheadCA Posts: 400
    edited September 2003
    Options
    Well, thought I'd chime in- I own the 3500

It's been a great unit for me. As far as it making a sonic difference goes- it wasn't much, but I think I have pretty clean power from the socket, as any line conditioners I've used only make very subtle changes.

Other than that, it's been reliable, has plenty-o-hookups, the voltage meter is kinda cool, and I LOVE the remote/delay power on power off feature, it's great for hooking up a powered sub.

Peter
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited September 2003
    Options
    Yup... clean power in SoCal... when you can get it. :D
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • GuitarheadCA
    GuitarheadCA Posts: 400
    edited September 2003
    Options
    Well, Anything here is Crystal Clean when you compare it to the air :rolleyes:
  • TonyPTX
    TonyPTX Posts: 545
    edited September 2003
    Options
    If you're seriously considering the Monster 3500, don't rule out the Panamax 5100. It can be had for about $150 cheaper and provides almost the exact same number of features as the 3500. The only difference is that the 3500 has an analog voltmeter and the Panamax 5100 has an LED voltmeter "bar."

I snagged Greg's Panamax 5100 from the flea market at an excellent deal! I didn't notice too much of a sonic improvement, but my video did clean up a bit.

Anthony
    Damn....8 lines...I've gotta put my sig on a diet now....
  • tschep20
    tschep20 Posts: 39
    edited September 2003
    Options
    well, actually now i'm considering of getting the monster power 5100. not sure if it will that much better than the 3500, but i can get a pretty good deal on it
  • redhouse
    redhouse Posts: 78
    edited September 2003
    Options
    I just got the Panamax max 5500, I would suggest it before any monster product. The minute I turned it on and fired up my gear we noticed a differnce in the sound it was cleaner and more bass. The audio dealer did a test on my house he pluged in a test unit, some speaker to here the noise in the power lines and man was it noisy, then he plugged in the 5500 and the power line was dead silent. I tried a monster unit and after the test there was still noise in the line with the monster running. I look at it this way you spend 1000's dollars on gear don't go cheap with protecting it just to save a buck.