rti150's for $284 (+tax) each at CC

Options
convex
convex Posts: 2
edited September 2003 in Speakers
I'm new to the whole HT thing and purchase a pair of rti100's from fry's over the weekend. However after reading a few posts on this forum i'm thinking of trading them in for the rti150's. what do you think? i have a csi40 centre, still undecided on surrounds. the receiver i have on order is a kenwood 7080, but i guess i could always get an extra amp to drive the hungry 150's.

EDIT: actually they were 248 +tax each.
Post edited by convex on

Comments

• phuz
    phuz Posts: 2,372
    edited September 2003
    Options
    If you can get them for that price, GET THEM NO MATTER WHAT. And get a pair for me while yer at it.
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited September 2003
    Options
    WOW! that is an awesome price. WTG!

hey Phuz, haven't seen you here in ages. how you been?
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • phuz
    edited September 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by danger boy

hey Phuz, haven't seen you here in ages. how you been?

I haven't been spending too much time in front of the computer these days. Lately I've made some big changes in my life, and realized there is a whole other world outside there that is not found displayed on a computer monitor. ;)

I've been really good. Better than I have been in a long, long time. Thanks for askin! I'll be around......
  • convex
    convex Posts: 2
    edited September 2003
    Options
    thanks for the advice guys. yeah i bought the rti150's yesterday. it was the last new set they had. phuz, i'm in houston texas as well - i got mine from the greenspoint CC, but other locations will probably have same price. apparently all the CC branches got an email from up high telling them to get rid of all old line of speakers quickly, hence the big reduction in price.
    the rti150's sound much better than the rti100's.
  • phuz
    edited September 2003
    Options
    Congrats on the purchase. What do you think so far? What are you pushing them with?

I'd snag a pair just on principle if I actually had space for them.

I guess they're getting ready for the new RTi line huh......