Woohoo! RTi150's in the house at 245.09/per

Options
Terrax
Terrax Posts: 483
edited September 2003 in Speakers
Hey guys,

Just had to tell someone about the deal I got this morn at a CC in Charlotte, NC. At this moment, I'm very happy, hehe. Got'em hooked up and right out of the box they sound great! Not gonna crank'em till they have had a chance to warm up a bit. Any suggestions on a normal break in time for these brutes? hehe Had to man-handle this puppy's just to get'em in the house. BTW, if anyone lives near Charlotte, the CC on Independance has one more pair still NIB for 245.09 each, just wanted to gives a heads up, so maybe someone else might have a chance to get lucky too.;)
Post edited by Terrax on

Comments

• stevew14
    stevew14 Posts: 130
    edited September 2003
    Options
    I just played mine at reasonable levels for the first few hours and then went ahead and enjoyed. I didn't pay too much attention to "break-in" concerns. I think if you just enjoy and don't drive them to insanity, you'll be fine.

Hope you like them as much as I do mine. I paid 1400 last year for mine though, so you already are way ahead of me in value. I think they are great speakers. Everything I play on them impresses me from classical to jazz to rock. Last night I played some Liquid Tension Experiment, and since the house was empty and I could, I really cranked it! I didn't just have a grin on my face, I actually broke out laughing from joy and the sheer impact of the sound when one of the songs ended. Awesome speaker in my opinion. Congratulations!
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,089
    edited September 2003
    Options
    Ter,
    where in NC are you located?

BTW, congrats on the deal!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • bigsexy1
    bigsexy1 Posts: 557
    edited September 2003
    Options
    Vr3MxStyler2k3
    "Ter,
    where in NC are you located?"

Uhhhh, read his first post, it very clearly says Charlotte. Why, are you in NC too?
  • VR3
    edited September 2003
    Options
    Yes, I am between Salisbury and Concord, all I can say on a public forum ;) -- but he said charlotte, dosnt nessicarily means he is from CHARLOTTE, I live in this area and I go up to the Charlotte, Salisbury one all the time.....
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • bigsexy1
    bigsexy1 Posts: 557
    edited September 2003
    Options
    There sure do seem to be a lot of you NC homies on this board.

==============================================

"all I can say on a public forum "

Why, you afraid someone might send someone to beat your little ****$?
  • LiquidSound
    LiquidSound Posts: 1,261
    edited September 2003
    Options
    I'm also from NC. About thirty minutes from the CC he's talking about.
    Two Channel Main
    Receiver - VSX-54TX
    Mains - Csi40's
    Sub - Spiked Velodyne Cht-8 On Spiked Landscaping Stones

"If you could put speakers in a needle, I'd never see him again..." - My Girlfriend
  • organ
    organ Posts: 4,969
    edited September 2003
    Options
    That's a great price! Don't worry about break-in, just play them. What are you powering those beasts with?

steve,
    If that's what you do after hearing good sound, I don't want to know what you do after an ****:D.

Maurice
  • VR3
    edited September 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by bigsexy1
    Why, you afraid someone might send someone to beat your little ****$?

Wouldn't surprise me a bit. ;)
  • Terrax
    edited September 2003
    Options
    Sid,

I'm located half way between Asheville and Hickory, along I40.

Sucks being at work now, and having to wait to get home and listen to my new toy. LOL.

Shamefully having to power these with a Panasonic SA-HE200,
    don't get me wrong, I like the SA-HE200 or I wouldn't have it. It can, I believe, produce some really good sounds, But I know it's just not whats needed for these speakers.

Terry
  • dave shepard
    dave shepard Posts: 1,334
    edited September 2003
    Options
    Was that a sale price or a mistake you fell on. In my area (Pa) I have yet to see anything like the ones I've been seeing here lately.

Congrats, Dave
  • Terrax
    edited September 2003
    Options
    Thanks Dave,

Yes it was sell price, I have been checking about 11 different CC's within 100 miles of where I live and every one of them has a different price on all the Polks they carry. hehe I just kept at it till I found what I was looking for at the best price.:)
  • VR3
    edited September 2003
    Options
    Ter,
    You could have gotten them cheaper, price match :cool:, Great deal though, none the less

:o Insomnia Sid :o
  • Terrax
    edited September 2003
    Options
    Sid,

I did get a price match, The CC's I got mine at was still sellin them at 399.99. The Indepenence store had theirs priced at 245.09. So I saved myself about 30 miles and an hours time by going to the Gastiona CC for a PM.
  • VR3
    edited September 2003
    Options
    Good deal man. I really hate dealing with CC though. I wish Crutchfield had a store, I would much rather go there...lol
  • Terrax
    edited September 2003
    Options
    I can understand that Sid. Very well, hehe. Hey Sid, wheres a good place around here to go look for Amps at? Any ideas right off?
  • VR3
    edited September 2003
    Options
    Charlotte, Sound Systems. They carry, Adcom, Mcintosh, and some other various high end brands. Another is Tweeter. Sound Systems, I would recomend first...just for the speakers and amps there alone...

Look in the phone book for Sound Systems number...
  • Terrax
    edited September 2003
    Options
    Thanks Sid,

I gotta find a killer deal on more power, hehe Funds are gonna be alittle on the tight side for a bit, spent right at 6k in the last two months (HT work in progress), but I now need to upgrade to ether a better receiver of find some good close out amps.lol
  • VR3
    edited September 2003
    Options
    I would look on EBay for the Adcom GFA 555, or even the Mono Blocks. The 555 is 200 watts x2, is goes for 300-400. The Monos go for about 600-700 a pair. 300 watts x1.

I run the Adcom GFA-545, 535 II, 535 Original. They are all 10+ years old, I bought them off EBay earlier this year. Great amps, very conservative and they can run the crap out of any Polk speaker.

Good luck, 6k is alot, I am close to that amount though - sadly....lol