Polk dx subs and 400.4 amp

Options
Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited January 2002 in Car Audio & Electronics
i just upgraded to a punch 400.4 amp. its pushing two dx 12's giving them 200 w rms each, at least thats what it should be. i had a kenwood amp before giving each sub 120 w rms before this one and it was louder and sounded better! i was wonering if anyone out there has this amp or anything like it. because i have never seen a bridgeing method like this before: it says to connet the - of the front channel and connect it with the + of the back channel and the - of the back channel with the + of the front, and then vice versa for the other sub...could this be where i am losing performance? i am running 4 awg power wire to a distributer block wich then turns into 2 8 awg cables wich i have running to each of my amps, could it be i need more power? and if so how can i get more power? also, would u recommend that amp for pushing my dx comp sets instead? God, i have a million questions....better stop there.....thanks!
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited January 2002
    Options
    I have 2 DX12's and i use the 800a4. I run it bridged and get 400 watts to each sub at 4 ohms. I also have 4 awg wire to a distro block then 8 awg to the amps. The subs are very loud but my friend has the same subs run off a much smaller amp and I couldnt really tell the difference, dont get me wrong the subs sound great, but something tells me either the rockford amps kinda suck or I have it wired wrong ( I also have it wired as it says in the manual).
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • sc0tty8
    sc0tty8 Posts: 69
    edited January 2002
    Options
    Eh, I am not impressed with rockford...

I would not use a 4 ch. amp to begin with. It is not a sub woofer amp. Look into a 2 ch. amp or a mono amp. Use the 4 ch for components and get a differant amp. I would also add a cap. Caps do make a diff if your electrical system is choking for juice. It also depends on your box layout/position.