Dahlquist For Sale

Options
Aero
Aero Posts: 18
edited September 2003 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Hello All,
Well, since I am now the proud owner of two pairs of Polk Audio SRS speakers (1.2TL and 2.3TL), it is time for beloved Dahlquist speakers to find a new home. Up for your consideration are two pairs of DQ-20i(s) and a custom set of DQ-10s. The DQ-20i(s) are completely stock, with oak end rails flanking black cloth. Both pairs come with their factory boxes, feet, and owner's manuals. These were used as front and rear speakers in my home theater system. If interested, I also have a reprint of the original Audio Review article of the DQ-20i. This incredibly accurate and easy to live with speaker retailed for $2000.00 per pair, back when they were current. Both of my sets are absolutely "as new", with no cosmetic or acoustic issues. I am asking $800.00 per pair.
Next up are my DQ-10s. First off, please unsderstand that this speaker ranks as one of the most important audio products of all time. Nothing about this pair of DQ-10s is still stock, except the piezo tweeter. While almost every component within this pair of DQ-10s was either updated or changed, no audio re-engineering was conducted.
As with almost all DQ-10s, the foam surounds were in need of replacement. The Regnar factory versions were installed. The DQ-10's base cabinet was re-wrapped in stock vinyl, rendering a very fresh, new look. Internally, all wiring was upgraded. The stock crossovers were replaced with the Regnar current spec, air core versions. The masonite baffles, which can oscilate at high sound pressure levels, were removed. In their place, custom milled, lindsead oil soaked, teak baffles were installed. Externally, the grill cloth was redone, also with the Regnar equivalent. This cloth is suppose to be more acoustically transparent. I then had solid oak end rails shaped and sanded.
The result of these endevours is the most updated and current pair of Dahlquist DQ-10s available. If you have ever heard what this speaker is capable of, then you can imagine how good this set sounds. They were lovingly used as center channel speakers in my old system. Prior to my Polk epiphany, I simply fed the center channel mix to both speakers. I defy anyone to find a better center channel speaker. Finally, I asked the nice folks at Regnar to build me a solid oak set of stands. No fiber board here. This pair of stands is fashioned after the familiar stock three-legged version. It is the final piece of the puzzle.
Since I am still looking for another set of 1.2TLs, I am open to trades. Before you get your Orion Blue books out, try to understand how many man hours it took to restore and rebuild this pair of DQ-10s. The stands alone cost me $400.00. Correspondingly, I would like to get $1000.00 for the pair. Thanks for reading my post and indulging me.

Sincerely,
Aero

P.S.- If there is no interest in these speakers, perhaps I will consider selling the Polks. Something has to give, and I can "live" with either system. Pictures are available upon request. Local delivery is strongly preferred for the DQ-10s.
Post edited by Aero on

Comments

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited September 2003
    Options
    I'm interested as hell.....

Could you let me know what time of day I'm most likely to NOT find anyone at home? ;)

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited September 2003
    Options
    I'm not in the market, but I'm always curious to see pics of what people own. Would you please post the pics of the speaks that you're looking to sell? Hell......even the best description doesn't always accomplish what a good picture can.........

Thanks, and good luck......
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • har_navalta
    har_navalta Posts: 957
    edited September 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by Aero:

I am still looking for another set of 1.2TLs

Hey Aero,
    Now we are both proud owner of SRS's the 1.2TL's and
    2.3TL's two thumps up man:D

So what are you going to do with another set if you still looking one more?

Har