Which Polk product?

tomcatcrew
tomcatcrew Posts: 2
edited September 2003 in 2 Channel Audio
Gentlemen,

I'm just getting back into 2 channel and have an opportunity to pick up some previously enjoyed Polk speakers.

I can choose between the RT600I or the R30's

My musical tastes range anywhere from classical to Ozzy

I'll be using a Denon DRA-685 Receiver 100W per side -
nothing fancy - just want the best sound I can get for a reasonable amount

Which is the better choice?
Post edited by tomcatcrew on

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,967
    edited September 2003
    RT600i
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited September 2003
    Welcome to the forum.

Keep your eyes out for closeouts on the RTi line, beings the new line is coming soon to stores.

Since you mentioned 2 specific choices, I will recommend the RT600i. It is a more dynamic and capable performer than the R30. The cabinet is more appealing to me personally also.

Good luck.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • tomcatcrew
    tomcatcrew Posts: 2
    edited September 2003
    How long ago did they discontinue thr RT600i and would you say the RT70/100i are significantly better?
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,967
    edited September 2003
    The RTi70 is an awesome speaker. I honestly think it is the best speaker in the current RTixxx line. If you have the money I would get the RTi70, avoid the RTi100 as much as you can (unless you can NEVER get a subwoofer in ANYWAY SHAPE or FORM)

The RT600i is a great speaker though, I believe it was 1.5 or 2 years ago it was discontinued - but still sold recently for 200 bucks or so (new)
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited September 2003
    There are alot of great deals floating around the internet and local brick-n-mortar stores.

The RTi70 has a nice following here in the forum, and it is popular opinion that it is a better performer than the RTi100. I would say the RTi70 is the best performer out of those three choices.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.