SVS on the floor
Post edited by bignorm on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited September 2003
    Options
    Availability: Coming soon ......

They sure are proud of em, looking at those prices.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,377
    edited September 2003
    Options
    They're not available yet. I think the release date is in October isn't it?

Interestingly, the top of the line RTi12 has a lower MSRP than the current RTi150's.
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited September 2003
    Options
    does this mean the prices on the Lsi line will drop?

$769.74 for a pair of RTi8's and are they better sounding than the ones they replaced? namely the RT800i's or RTi70's?

they do look cool, i'll admit ;) i've become accoustomed to the blue drivers in my fronts. :)
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • bignorm
    bignorm Posts: 120
    edited September 2003
    Options
    Yea...I stand corrected...they are coming soon....pretty damn good
    prices though...I paid $349.00 each for my RTi70 (exactly one year ago) and the new RTi8 are gonna sell for the same price..

ALTHOUGH, from a purely cosmetic viewpoint, I think my RTi70's
    look better than the Rti8 IMO....
    Eliab/Dave Abrams calibrated Panny
    Yamaha,Denon,Toshiba "in the rack"
    Polks all around
    SVS on the floor
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,080
    edited September 2003
    Options
    Hehe, wait till you see those Sexy Beast in real life! lol!

Man I tell ya...muahhaha, them things look GOOD! Sound awesome to, not alot better than the old line. But the top end is MUCH better, detail of the tri-lam, smoothness of the silk. Has a more open mid. However, i still see the RTi8 as the bang for the buck.....
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited September 2003
    Options
    CSi5 is 24" wide... won't fit most audio racks/cabinents

plus why the change to silk polymer tweeters again? didn't Polk do the silks a few series ago? Then tri-lams.. and now back to silk polymers?
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited September 2003
    Options
    I think the new line is real sharp. We heard the RTi12 in the main demo room. I thought it sounded really good, but I have no reference to the RTi70/RTi100.

I have a picture of the man responsible for the re-design, if I would get off my arse and get them developed.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • faster100
    faster100 Posts: 6,124
    edited September 2003
    Options
    well now atleast the tweets are made by vifa, Right? that's gotta be a good change
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • Loud & Clear
    Loud & Clear Posts: 1,538
    edited September 2003
    Options
    Anybody know the frequency response on the RTi12?

Two Channel Setup:

Speakers: Wharfedale Opus 2-3
    Integrated Amp: Krell S-300i
    DAC: Arcam irDac
    Source: iMac
    Remote Control: iPad Mini

3.2 Home Theater Setup:

Fronts: Klipsch RP-160M
    Center: Klipsch RP-160M
    Subwoofer: SVS PB12NSD (X 2)
    AVR: Yamaha Aventage RX-A2030
    Blu Ray: Sony BDP-S790
    TV Source: DirecTV Genie
  • VR3
    edited September 2003
    Options
    Doro, I still will go by saying the RTi8 will smoke the entire line in the mids and overall soundstage...

The RTi12, no idea what the FR is, but I will say this. We heard them ran off of, what? a 200, 250 watt amp? I will say this, with all that power - the bass wasn't there for me even then. It needed a good 400-500 watts to really pound...
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • VR3
    edited September 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by faster100
    well now atleast the tweets are made by vifa, Right? that's gotta be a good change

Man you aint kiddin, the new tweet has that Tri-Lam tang, and the smoothness of the silk. Very controlled and detailed. Not very hissy at all, much better than its counterparts...
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited September 2003
    Options
    I agree, the highs were very crisp and clean. Its funny, the equipment was top notch, but they used generic wire. Perhaps because of the many changes in that room, I don't know.

I think it was Conrad Johnson for the RTi12's.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited September 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by RuSsMaN
    Availability: Coming soon ......

They sure are proud of em, looking at those prices.

Cheers,
    Russ

That's the standard retail price on them, which is down a bit from the older models

Regarding ship date, American TV is showing a tentative receiving date of Sept 15 (subject to change).
  • dave shepard
    dave shepard Posts: 1,334
    edited September 2003
    Options
    how do they compare to the 150's? any other good places to get them online cc is the only place to get them in my area and they are limited to only a few, the other hi-fi store is going to replace the polk line.

Thanks Dave
  • bigsexy1
    bigsexy1 Posts: 557
    edited September 2003
    Options
    Dave, I haven't yet heard the RTi12 (the speaker in the new line up most comparable to the 150), but I'd venture to say that the midrange dynamics will be slightly better (due to the extra driver), and the tweeter will certianly be better, all the while keeping the same awesome bass of the 150. So, in a nutshell, imagine the 150 with slightly better highs and mids. I do doubt that it will be a drastic night and day kind of difference though (despite what a 15 year old kid says).
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,834
    edited September 2003
    Options
    My thoughts on the new RTi12, sounded very good for HT and lacking for 2 channel.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited September 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by ATCVenom
    I have this funny feeling that these Polks will be a "love em or hate em" for most people.

Especially the looks. :)