What do you think of this system?

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited January 2002 in Car Audio & Electronics
This is the system that I have planned on putting in my 1995 Ford Probe GT while I get the funds together.

Alpine CDA-7977 head unit
Polk Audio dX3065 component for front
Polk Audio dX5 for rear
1- PolkMOMO MM120 in Polk spec box
Precision Power PCX250 for front channels
50Wx2@4 Ohms, I'm thinking of 100Wx2@2 Ohms
Precision Power PCX1500 for sub
500Wx1@4 Ohms
Precision Power 1Farad Digital Capacitor
MonsterCable wire, connectors & terminals
100A breaker @ battery
Interlink 401XLN RCAs
PowerFlex Ultra 2AWG power & ground cable
Positive & negative distribution blocks(unfused) @ amps
Slimline battery terminals
Monster Clear or Hotwires speaker wire
Dynamat Extreme to doors, sidepanels, and all hatch area

Now, I live in Saskatchewan, Canada & there are dealers for all of this available within a small trips distance, but I haven't gotten to listen to any of these in applied situations. I will probably have to upgrade my electrical system, but that can wait a little while. I want this to be a good SQ daily driver system that has some balls too.
Is there any details or possible problems that I am missing that should be taken into to account? (other than this is going to cost a pretty penny, which I am prepared to do.)

Thank you very much
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited January 2002
    Hi Kim,
    Thanks for the reply here and answering my questions when I phoned in a little while ago.
    This weekend I headed out to do some shopping. I came out with a Alpine CDA7977 on order for $600, PrecisionPower PCX280 for $200, and a JL500/1 for $1100. These all being at a large chain here in Saskatchewan, Canada called A&B Sound which gave me 2 yrs extended warranty on everything. The PPI was so cheap because they were clearing out because of PPI's changes, but the amps are good so I'll run with it.
    I also did some listening around:
    -Focals PG & PK (nice & $$$-didn't get to let them rip)
    -Alpine R (nice -sounded warm & clean)
    -MBQ 3 piece components (tweets not nasty at all but expensive)
    -Cerwin IT's (ok-but setup royally sucked)

-And a company that is local to Saskatoon here called Beyond, they make subs in any configuration and I was told they placed in the top 5 at world championships. But 2 15's was way to freakin loud for my taste but impressive in their own right.

It looks like this weekend I'll be making a trip to Regina, SK to check out Polk's at a shop called CAS Tech I believe, I'm going to call their phone number to get more info, but if these guys have Polk I might have my system's major pieces taken care of. And I've read some encouraging posts about running MOMO12's w/ a JL500/1 so it all comes down to getting an audition.

Thanks for all the info & ttu l8r,
    Ken
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing