Lsi 9 Speaker stands.

Options
STUFFMD
STUFFMD Posts: 381
edited September 2003 in Speakers
Hey guys, was looking for input on brands for speaker stands for the Lsi 9. Positive and negative. Saw a Sanus I liked and one other.....a lot of choices out there.
Thanks Stuff
Your system is only as good as your weakest component...!

OnkyoTX-DS 797
NAD C270/ Mains
Mains: LSI9's
Center: Cs400i /Biwired
Rear: Fx300i
Rear Center:CS 245i
Dvd: Onkyo DVS 555
Vision RCA 36" Premiere Series
Bang & Olfsen RX Turntable
Psw 350 Front/Psw 202 rear
Kimber Cable 4TC Mains HF
Monster Originals/Center
Kimber Interconnects
Monster XP Everywhere else
PS2/Gamecube
Post edited by STUFFMD on

Comments

• pjdami
    pjdami Posts: 1,894
    edited September 2003
    Options
    Sanus are nice. What Polk has listed as a good match I believe.

I have something more like this for the two channel rig. Great price on sale right now too and steel construction.

http://www.audioadvisor.com/store/productdetail.asp?sku=STUSS24&product_name=All-Steel%20Speaker%20Stand%20-%20Pair

I would compare the size of the top plate to support the speaker as well. The LSi 9 are very deep. I'm thinking the larger the surface area to support the speaker the less propensity to become "tipsy". You can also find some speaker stands that are sand fillable which helps to minimize resonations. Nice feature to have if you can find some at a good price. My local audio shop usually has a bunch of used ones for sale. You might want to try that option out too. Just something else to think about.
  • tryrrthg
    tryrrthg Posts: 1,896
    edited September 2003
    Options
    Would you consider making your own. I made some based on this design. I just modified it a little to fit what I wanted. here are some pics of mine Construction Pics They are VERY solid and very stable! and cheap! made them for less than 80 bucks and are more solid than any stand I could find for less than $200. Worth a try...
    Sony KDL-40V2500 HDTV, Rotel RSX-1067 Receiver, Sony BDP-S550 Blu-ray, Slim Devices Squeezebox, Polk RTi6, CSi3 & R15, DIY sub with Atlas 15
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited September 2003
    Options
    Do it Nascarmann style, get your some $9.99 wood barstools, call it a day.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.