Brandnamez or Sound Distributers.

Options
STUFFMD
STUFFMD Posts: 381
edited September 2003 in Speakers
Long story short , tried to buy a pair of LSI9's from Great Indoors 2 weeks ago. Were out and could not order any. So today I decided to to go ahead and buy the Lsi 15's called ahead and Great Indoors said they had the speakers. So I drove all the way out there and guess what, no speakers and would not sell me the floor models.........IN my book not so Great Indoors.
So they being the only Polk distributer in town, I have to buy on line. I have dealt with Crutchfield before, great company, but I would like to buy the LSI 9 and the afore mentioned companys are about $300 cheaper. Anybody on the forum have any experience with either of the companys, I would definately appreciate your input.
Thanks, Stuff
Your system is only as good as your weakest component...!

OnkyoTX-DS 797
NAD C270/ Mains
Mains: LSI9's
Center: Cs400i /Biwired
Rear: Fx300i
Rear Center:CS 245i
Dvd: Onkyo DVS 555
Vision RCA 36" Premiere Series
Bang & Olfsen RX Turntable
Psw 350 Front/Psw 202 rear
Kimber Cable 4TC Mains HF
Monster Originals/Center
Kimber Interconnects
Monster XP Everywhere else
PS2/Gamecube
Post edited by STUFFMD on

Comments

• faster100
    faster100 Posts: 6,124
    edited September 2003
    Options
    Far as i know, they NO longer sell the polks online (sound dist.) or atleast they don't showcase them.. I am thinking someone contacted polk and they had words about selling polks unauthorized or something to that effect.. I have used accoustic sound designs in the past with no problems.. I don't have those speakers anymore but they were fine and fast to work with..
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • rwrvpem
    rwrvpem Posts: 32
    edited September 2003
    Options
    I bought my Denon '4802 from Sound Dist and they were pretty much a stand up company. I haven't been at their site lately so I don't know if they still sell Polk Speakers. When I go to buy a universal DVD Player, I will be checking with them.

Rick
  • pjdami
    pjdami Posts: 1,894
    edited September 2003
    Options
    Sound Distributors - you have to email them to ask about the Polk speakers. They will send you prices then and you can order from them. They do remove the serial numbers though and you get the warranty through them not Polk.. so this is the choice you have to make for yourself. With the money you save though, even a replacement driver is still much cheaper than the money you would spend retail. Chances are that you will never have a problem. Its a risk / reward thing that you have to weigh.

I bought my LSi 15 from an authorized dealer due to the size of the purchase. My LSi 9 and center I got from SD; no problems and well packaged and shipped.
  • STUFFMD
    edited September 2003
    Options
    Yeah, I ordered today from Sound Distributers. I had sent them some e-mails about availability and warrenty and they answered my e-mails that same day. I called to order today and they answered right away.
    I called Brandnamez to get their warrenty info, and it rang 20 times then the message came on from the phone company Cannot currently answer phone, please call back...I didn't figure that was a good sign.
    Thanks for the input....Stuff

OnkyoTX-DS 797
    NAD C270/ Mains
    Monster Originals/Center
    Kimber Interconnects
    Monster XP Everywhere else
    PS2/Gamecube
  • Paul T
    Paul T Posts: 13
    edited September 2003
    Options
    Stuff,
    please keep us informed on how you make out. I to have no Polk dealers in my area (CC does not carry the LSi line). I'm going to have to drive at least an hour just to hear them and then find out how much they will be asking. If it is really high I may go the online route also (can use the money for in upgrading my yamaha reciever to a NAD), that bit of SD removing the serial numbers does not sound very inviting.. not sure why they would do that but sure sounds a little scary..
  • faster100
    faster100 Posts: 6,124
    edited September 2003
    Options
    They remove the serial numbers because they cant sell them online being a online retailer and thus cant offer the factory warranty. they then give there own serial numbers most likely for their own inventory tracking and in house warranty purposes..
    same speakers, just if they had the serial numbers on the polks, Polk could find out where they came from and see why they were selling them when they are unauthorized.. ( I assume)

from what i understand, online resellers can't be authorized dealers for polk, except companies like crutchfield, CC, for what ever reason...
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • STUFFMD
    edited September 2003
    Options
    I'll let you know how it comes out Paul....Like I said so far, responses have been very quick by phone and E-mail....
    Reguards, Stuff

OnkyoTX-DS 797
    NAD C270/ Mains
    Monster Originals/Center