Elton John DVD

TrappedUnder Ice
TrappedUnder Ice Posts: 975
edited January 2002 in Music & Movies
Surprisingly after serching for a while..I finaly found a "live" Elton John DVD.. And for any who like Elton..this DVD is excellent. Recorded live at the Garden in 2000 and is over 2.5hrs long... DD/DTS and is widscreen... top quality in every way..
Oh well.. watch the entire concert tonight and give it 5 stars *****:D
Post edited by TrappedUnder Ice on

Comments

• Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited January 2002
    This guy's watching Elton John videos and enjoying them... And you guys are pouncing all over ME?! SIC 'EM! Where are your priorities?!

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited January 2002
    I'm with ya Micah, Elton John, Blahhhhh. A Flaming......

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited January 2002
    ....sexual proclivities and politics aside, I think his music sucks. This guy has gotten a free ride for far too long.

Troy
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • TrappedUnder Ice
    edited January 2002
    Hell..y'all just have no taste.. Elton john may be a big Flamer...but his music is excellent...been listenint to Elton for over 25yrs now... I admit..I'm not a fan of his stuff in the last couple of years... but if you ask a lot of todays musicians...Elton was a big influance to them...just ask Axle Rose....

I'd put his music against Posse boy Kid rock or any of the Glamm crap thats out there....
  • Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited January 2002
    Ask Axle Rose what? What it feels like to be a one-hit-wonder?

I don't care about Elton's sexual problems. He's just lame.

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • Ron-P
    edited January 2002
    Elton is far from being any kind of influance, unless it is in the **** community. What a wacked out sick-o. Oh yeah, his music is pure crap.

If...
  • juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited January 2002
    the man is crap, the music is crap, nuff said...
  • TrappedUnder Ice
    edited January 2002
    crap...go figure.. Guess you dont like great piano work and good melody's... If you can actualy give a Educational response to your "diss-like" of Elton..I'll leave it alone... better yet.. for those who "flame" him..who do you like????
  • Ron-P
    edited January 2002
    The Doors
    Van Halen (not Van Hagar)
    Moody Blues
    Pink Floyd
    The Cars (older stuff)
    Cream
    REO Speedwagon
    Journey (older stuff)
    Queen

EJ is just too much of a sappy singer/song writer. EJ and Michael Jackson are too of the biggest free-loaders in the music industry.

If...
  • TroyD
    edited January 2002
    Boston
    Eric Clapton
    Peter Murphy
    Dave Matthews
    Eagles
    REO Speedwagon
    U2

the list goes on....

Personally, I could care less about his orientation or his politics. His music is pure pop fluff. If that is your thing, no worries. I personally just don't feel that he is the artistic genius that he is generally credited as being.

TrappedUnderIce..no disrespect to you, I just don't enjoy his music.

Troy
  • juice21
    edited January 2002
    i love good piano work, just don't like elton's piano work. much rather listen to some classical piano sonata's over listening to elton john. i just don't like his stuff, nothing personal...
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited January 2002
    Originally posted by Ron-P
    The Doors
    Van Halen (not Van Hagar)
    Moody Blues
    Pink Floyd
    The Cars (older stuff)
    Cream
    REO Speedwagon
    Journey (older stuff)
    Queen

EJ is just too much of a sappy singer/song writer. EJ and Michael Jackson are too of the biggest free-loaders in the music industry.

Hey, Elton John is much better than the self proclaimed King of Pop. MJ did one or two good albums... then thats all. His new music doesn't get played on the radio or sell anymore. He's a has been.

As for Elton John. He and song writing partner Bernie Taupin wrote some of the best lyrics in the 70's and 80's with a few decents ones in the 90's. I think some of you are dismissing him for being ****. It wigs you out .... so therefor you've already formed a negative opinion of him. Secondly, you're not listening to the words/lyrics. In terms of songwriiting... Elton John / Bernie Taupin are nearly as talented as say... Lennon and McCartney.

So get past the whole **** thing and give EJ a chance... his music is much more than just Crockidile Rock.

Ron P. I agree with most of your music choices.. with the exception of the Doors, Van Halen, and Cream. They are great bands.. I'm just not that familiar with their music.

I would have to add to my favorites list The Rollling Stones, Led Zepplin and my all time favorite Heart. Heart one of the best rock bands ever. Anne and Nancy Wilson are the best female rockers to be put on vinyl. Love the guitar beginning of Crazy on You. Magic Man and Straight On are two more classic rock songs. If you haven't listened to your Heart CD's in years.. dust them off and relisten to them. Good rock and roll, pure and simple. (Sorry i'm partial to them, because the hail from Washington state where I live).
    :p
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • TroyD
    edited January 2002
    OK, I gave it some more thought. Nope, I still don't like him.

Again, sexuality and politcs ASIDE, as in not part of the equation....

MY OPINION is that I don't like his music, pop-ish and undynamic is my best description and his piano playing is decent but not extraordinary.

I'm not saying he doesn't have any talent, I just don't care for his music. OK?

Crocodile Rocks is probably one of the all time crappiest songs to ever be released.

dangerboy, I'm a pretty open minded guy so get to know us before you start stereotyping us as a bunch of homophobes.

Troy
  • rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited January 2002
    I once heard the Elton John & Billy Joel dual combo concert.
    This was the one where they both played two piano's at the same time. They kept alternating back and forth between songs.
    All I can say is this. I thought they were similar artists before the concert. After the concert, it was VERY clear that Elton John kicked Billy Joel's fat butt. So, he dresses a little funny - who cares. Don't be so narrow minded people. Jeesh.
  • juice21
    edited January 2002
    it's not a matter of being narrow-minded or a homophobe, it's just a listening preference, i don't like the music (as many on here seem not to), everyone has music that they don't enjoy, for those of us who do not enjoy elton john's music, why is it assumed that we don't like his music because he's ****??? it's because, to me, it doesn't sound pleasurable for me to sit down and listen to. is it only me that this doesn't make sense to?
  • Ron-P
    edited January 2002
    I think some of you are dismissing him for being ****. It wigs you out .... so therefor you've already formed a negative opinion of him.
    Now this is completely false. Look at my list of music, QUEEN is on it, now we all know that Freddie Mecury was ****. Think before you post. I do not care if EJ is ****, straight, bi...whatever, that fact is I do not like his music, it sucks. My opinion has nothing to do with him being ****.

Anne and Nancy Wilson are the best female rockers to be put on vinyl.
    I think Joan Jet deserves that seat, with Ann and Nancy following close behind.

If...
  • danger boy
    edited January 2002
    Originally posted by TroyD
    OK, I gave it some more thought. Nope, I still don't like him.

Again, sexuality and politcs ASIDE, as in not part of the equation....

MY OPINION is that I don't like his music, pop-ish and undynamic is my best description and his piano playing is decent but not extraordinary.

I'm not saying he doesn't have any talent, I just don't care for his music. OK?

Crocodile Rocks is probably one of the all time crappiest songs to ever be released.

dangerboy, I'm a pretty open minded guy so get to know us before you start stereotyping us as a bunch of homophobes.

Troy

Ouch!

TroyD, I appreciate your explanation on why you don't care for Elton. You gave a honest explaination of your reasons for it. .. and I understand and accept it. Yeah he is not for everyone...

As for homophobes. I would never call anyone a homophobe. I didn't make that statement to be aimed at anyone.. it was just a general statement of the fact that some guys are uncool with a musican being ****. The people in this forum who have strong feelings about **** people can stick their foot in their own mouth. it comes across loud and clear who is uncool with it.

Anyway, there will always be **** musicans... it seems to me that most people don' t really care if they are or aren't... if someone is good at what they do.. who cares what they do... as long as it doesn't hurt anyone.

Danger boy
  • TroyD
    edited January 2002
    no worries, mate!

I just didn't want you to think that we were a bunch of **** bashers or anything. That is very uncool.

Troy
  • Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited January 2002
    This is great! Who would have thought everyone could get so fired up about Elton John?

Aaron
  • TrappedUnder Ice
    edited January 2002
    now see.. Y'all gave reasons why... Its like why I cant stand country music..just does nothing for me...

I listen to everything from classical to luther vandros...cars to exodus... very wide open listening range...just dont do country rap/hip-hop or death metal..

So ...since now I will end this..thnx y'all....:D
  • juice21
    edited January 2002
    at least we agree on something, i can't stand country either, i think it's the only genre that i can't enjoy, everything other genre, there is someone or band that i like, countyr is just too whinny/twangy for me...
  • danger boy
    edited January 2002
    Whats the name of the EJ live DVD you have?
    thanks

As for country. I don't like it either.. although some Shania Twain is close to pop music .... so I like some of her music. The rest of it.. is to twangy for my tastes.
    Hip Hop / Rap i just can't understand the words... so thats the major reason I don't like it.. my ears get exhausted listening to the same thumping beat in every song.

My tastes run from 60's girl groups, to 80's music, to Frank Sinatra, to BareNaked Ladies, to classic rock, to Diane Schuur.
  • TrappedUnder Ice
    edited January 2002
    Its called Elton John Live...One night only... its a greatest hits- live dvd.. found it at cc...
  • gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited January 2002
    I occasionaly enjoy and ALWAYS respect EJ. He put the glam in glamm.

You want some good twang, check out Bill Monroe. The father of bluegrass on mandolin. I just don't care fo that "young country" stuff.
    Make it Funky! :)