3 pair's of Polk's for Sale, Look Inside!

leasingguy
leasingguy Posts: 18
edited September 2003 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
1st) I have a Mint pair of Monitor 5's for sale. This is the model with the passive radiator and walnut veneer. You would be surprised at the amount of deep stuff these things can produce. A conservative 8/10 on the Audiogonn Scale You would be hard pressed to find a nicer set. $200 OBO

2nt) I have a pair of barely used F/X 500i in WHITE Used less than 10 hours. These are truly 9/10. You know white is no longer available and these are fetching a premium on ebay. $300 OBO

3rd) I have a pair of Monitor 12C Series 2's in light oak. I bought these on eBay 5 years ago from a rookie. They were not packed very well at all and the cabinets arrived with some damage on 4 of the 8 corners. I have used these (with the Monitor 5's) in a 2nt home theater system for the last 5 years and they do sound great, but the cabinets are banged up. Local St Louis Pick-up preferred or buy them for parts. $225 OBO

I am a motivated seller and have perfect feedback on ebay and Audiogon so buy with confidence. Email me directly if you wish tomgrooms@charter.net.

Just wanted you fans to have the 1st crack before they go to ebay. Pictures are available!

Thanks in Advance
Post edited by leasingguy on

Comments

• leasingguy
    edited August 2003
    Motivated seller, Make me an offer!
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited August 2003
    Originally posted by leasingguy

2nt) I have a pair of barely used F/X 500i in WHITE Used less than 10 hours. These are truly 9/10. You know white is no longer available and these are fetching a premium on ebay. $300 OBO

how much too 65010?
    again the Doc got me thinken;)

Twin
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • leasingguy
    edited August 2003
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited August 2003
    Originally posted by leasingguy
    $260 Shipped!

I'm in Jeff City so we should plan for a demo. I'll have cash in pocket.

twin
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited August 2003
    WAAAAAA!? You guys are in St. Louis. I was just there for a show at the UMB Bank Pavillion.

Man, I got so pissed there though. I got lost because every exit seemed to be an onramp to another expressway.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,964
    edited August 2003
    Originally posted by Demiurge
    Man, I got so pissed there though. I got lost because every exit seemed to be an onramp to another expressway.

Do not go to the Washington area, no road signs (not even signs for the interstates in some places), backwards, wrong, not there signs, and overall just piss poor lights, driving skills, and road signs.......Washington SUCKS! Ok, im done......just had to vent, I dread going through washington to get to the northern states we traveled to (NY, MD)
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited August 2003
    Trey - The Washington DC area is well marked, its just that you southerners can't read ;)

If we had to make signs for your convenience, they would read like you were drunk. Inter-state huh nine-T fiiiiive....."exit here" would cause a serious moral discussion. ;)
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • VR3
    edited August 2003
    No, its the fact ya'll don't believe in signs. Except fender bender call here signs.....which are about every 50 feet.....lol! But, you When you cross the Virginia boarder, the signage drops considerably. It's like Bush expects people up north to be able to read road markings or something. Washington, on the outskirts, around the boonies and such, the real poor parts, there are no signs, no signs at all and it is confusing. Washington is very un-organized
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    edited August 2003
    Trey,

Man, you don't know what you're talking about. Maryland has one of the best road/sign systems in the country and that's because we pay 42.5 effn cents per gallon tax to fund them. In fact, there are so many signs that it's like eye pollution. Next time you travel up north, I suggest this wonderful thing called a map. It shows you on paper exactly where to go and they even mark the poor sections so you'll know where to go if ya'll feel homesick. ;)
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited September 2003
    The south does have one good set of signs.

The infamous so many miles to "South of the Border" billboard signs in North Carolina must have cost a bundle. Too bad it appears the entire state budget was spent on them and nothing else.

The Carolinas are a boring **** ride!

John
    No excuses!
  • VR3
    edited September 2003
    Yes I-85 is boring, until you hit the Charlotte area, then it's rather interesting if you turn off...lol
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited September 2003
    Actually, I think that all along I-95 things are pretty well marked. The South of the Border signs are cool, although they USED to be much better when I was a kid. They had some hilarious ones back in the day.

My only complaint is that in Virginia on 295 there is a sign for a Cracker Barrel (we pretty much eat exclusively at Cracker Barrel when we are travelling) that is 10 miles off the exit. I'm sorry, if it's more than a mile off the exit, it shouldn't be advertised on the food/gas signs for that exit. Man, was I PISSED.

My big gripe is the traffic and tolls north of DC. Between DC and my parents house in Maine, DC is almost ed zachary half way. It takes me 7 hrs to get from SC to DC. From DC to Maine, it usually takes 11-12 hrs.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • VR3
    edited September 2003
    Yes, Northerns can NOT drive

On the way back we went through packs and packs of SLOW - not traffic but actually SLOW cars. Like 100 idiots in a group going at 50 in a 60, then we would pass them, then go to the next pack. I was dissapointed...very slow up there......No Offense to the probally overly fast drivers on here that live in the North