Rti150 now $284.99 each at Circuit City

Options
bigsexy1
bigsexy1 Posts: 557
edited August 2003 in Speakers
I now own 3 pairs of them! At this price, it is a no-brainer. If you need your local CC to match the price, tell them to check with the Durham, NC store for their price on 8/29. BTW, this is for new in box, not just "open box" prices!
Post edited by bigsexy1 on

Comments

• faster100
    faster100 Posts: 6,124
    edited August 2003
    Options
    wow, what a deal.. i want a pair on principal alone.. I have wanted these speakers for awhile, however i love my cherry rti70's .. i will do some calling here and see if they will honor out of state prices.
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited August 2003
    Options
    That's a crazy low price man. What are you doing with them all?
  • faster100
    edited August 2003
    Options
    not to mention, what are you rockafella? LOL
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • bigsexy1
    edited August 2003
    Options
    fireshoes
    "That's a crazy low price man. What are you doing with them all?"

faster100
    "not to mention, what are you rockafella? LOL"

First of all faster100, I put them all on my CC card interest free for 12 months. Tax and all, they were just a little over $1800 total cost for the 3 pairs. Spread that out over a year, and it's only about $150 a month. That's not TOO awful bad. Plus, I returned the 2 pairs of 38s I had bought for surround duty to apply towards them. I just couldn't see the need to keep them now. BTW, even though the 38s were still factory sealed unopened in their boxes, the girl at the return counter opened them up anyway, so now I guess they have to sell them "open box". I guess they've got their reasons, but I thought that was pretty stupid though. But no, I'm no Rockafeller by any means.

Fireshoes, I'm thinking about maybe returning one pair. I thought I'd grab them now because I knew they wouldn't be there later for me to have the option to think about it. I've kicked around the idea having a set of all 6 of them, using a pair each for surround sides and back (as well as mains, of course). I'm definitely going to keep one pair as mains and one pair as surround backs for sure (you of all people can relate to this, as I've noticed that you have a set of LSi15s front AND rear). Or, I could maybe find another use for the extra pair some other way in another system or something. Maybe even just sell them. I definitely don't have enough amplifier power right now for all of them to do them justice. I guess I need that FAT Adcom 300 watt X 7 amp!

When I bought my first pair of 150s Friday of last week (8/22) for $999 plus tax, I was originally planning on eventually trading them up for a pair of the 12s within a year at CC, but now at these prices, I'm just going to keep the 150s and hold off on the 12s until I can get at least one pair of them at a great deal as I did these 150s. The 12s will eventually do the same thing sooner or later.
  • faster100
    edited August 2003
    Options
    Ok i need to know what store these were in?? store number perhaps and who stated the price, I am working on a price match deal with my CC, but they need the store number, or phone number to call and who was stateing them at that price, was it a manager or what? any info asap would be great!!!! Thanks
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • faster100
    edited August 2003
    Options
    I just called myself, durham NC, it was a mistake on the price and they fixed it today.. so no go, you lucked out big time..

Oh well, i will call my CC and see what they say.. or call to hear for myself NO.. LOL
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • bigsexy1
    edited August 2003
    Options
    Store 850
    Durham, NC 27707
    (919) 493-3481

PLK RTI150BLACK SPEAKER 284.99

Good luck! If they won't do it, be adamant about it, ask to see a manager and get them to call to cinfirm it. If manager won't agree to it, ask to speak to his or her superior, right on down the line. They make a big deal out of advertising price matches, so I don't see why they can't match themselves!

Kind of makes you wonder though, just how much is the mark up on these speakers in the first place, because even now, I'm sure that they are not selling them at a loss!
  • bigsexy1
    edited August 2003
    Options
    Well, you made another post before I could finish my previous post. Sorry to hear that. All I can say is...... lucky me!!!!!!!!!!
  • bigsexy1
    edited August 2003
    Options
    Faster, the Cary, NC store still had them for $324 each. This was also the Durham store's price as well before they marked it down even further red dot to $285.
  • faster100
    edited August 2003
    Options
    well i just called carey and they said, HUh no there 449.99.. so i have a manager calling them to check, I am being pushy about it somewhat to see what they will do, They had the price and people want that price, so sell them to me, i even said can you get close to that price?? so they suposed to call me with 30 minutes about it :rolleyes:
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp