Inward faced subs

Options
fender4ever7
fender4ever7 Posts: 1
edited August 2003 in Speakers
Hey, I was wondering if anyone knows from experience or from hearing if the subwoofers and boxes in which the subs somewhat face each other works well as far as bass response. It somewhat seems like a good idea about the soundwaves hitting each others but i dont know. Anybody know? I'd appreciate anything. Thanks
Post edited by fender4ever7 on

Comments

• hotwheelman
    hotwheelman Posts: 1,300
    edited August 2003
    Options
    Fender,are you talking about two sub drivers being in the same box together and facing each other? If so that is considered a band pass, or are they in seperate boxes but each box faces the other one? In the seperate box method if the drivers face each other they have to be wired out of phase or you will get phase cancelation between the two and the sound would be severly degraded. Sombodyelse chim in here, are the bandpass boxes wired out of phase or in? And what about if you have a sub box with drivers that face each other that have central slot that both fire into, do they have to be in or out phase to work correctly? I am thinking out....am I right? pdfm

Cheers,
    Mike

Hope I helped you some fender.
    "Its worked so far but we're not out yet."
    "Hey big man let me hold a dollar"
  • GuitarheadCA
    GuitarheadCA Posts: 400
    edited August 2003
    Options
    Is there a particular sub that you're reffering to? Are you thinking of building a box yourself? Don't be afraid to throw out model numbers or your plans to us, the more info the better!

Mike, I think with bandpass boxes with two subs facing eachother in the same chamber, they're actually wired in phase, but this is getting more into the car audio realm, and my experience lies in home.

PS. Hey what kinda fender you got ;) ?