SDA Replacement tweeter

Options
RuSsMaN
RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
edited August 2003 in Speakers
I have the CRS+, and installed the 'replacement' black silk dome from Polk. I don't care to remove them to look (don't want those screw holes getting loose), whats the model number?

Just tossing this out, what is a fair price for mint SL2000's? I have 4 in my SRS 2's, and I really like the sound of the silk replacement better. I'm asking, simply to see if it would be a square deal to swap someone (anyone?) 4 for 4, straight up.

Cheers,
Russ
Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
Post edited by RuSsMaN on

Comments

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited August 2003
    Options
    Russ - I am unsure of the model number, isn't it the SL2500? I thought that it was the replacement tweeter for all the SDA type speakers.... :confused: Pricewise, since they are hard to find, it wouldn't suprise me if they were double the Club Polk price, but I have no idea.

If you do not find a one-for-one, I would like to post my name as interested in the SL2000's.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • RuSsMaN
    edited August 2003
    Options
    I thought it was the 2500 also, maybe it is. I was talking with Hoosier, and we both thought there was a 2500 that was a production model also.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • dorokusai
    edited August 2003
    Options
    If I recall, it WAS a production tweeter, due to found problems with the SL2000 at a given frequency. It ended up being the final replacement for the SL2000 across the board. If I had my compendium, perhaps it would be inside.

Raife may be able to shed some light on the tweeter....maybe Jesse also?
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,806
    edited August 2003
    Options
    The SL2000, SL2500 and SL3000 have been replaced by the SL2000T.

Russ, can you expand on what it is that you like better about the new tweeter.

As far as price for a used SL2000, I bought two for @ $70.00, but have seen them go for $50 to $60 each.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• RuSsMaN
    edited August 2003
    Options
    I always noticed a slight harshness, esp at higher volumes, on some recordings. Then someone mentioned the 2000 had a nasty hump (+5 db) at 12-13K or some such.

I'm betting that is what I'm hearing.

Cheers,
    Rooster
  • Robert Scott
    Robert Scott Posts: 29
    edited August 2003
    Options
    How much do you want for the 4 SL2000 tweeters.I have 4 bad ones in my SRS-SDA's. The only other thing I can do is buy the replacement tweeters,but I would have to buy all 8 so they would match.

Thanks,Robert
    Polk:SRS-SDA's front Speakers
    Rotel:RSP-985 Surround Processor
    Denon:POA-2400 Amp
  • RuSsMaN
    edited August 2003
    Options
    Robert,

That's what I'm wondering. What are they worth? I don't WANT the money, I WANT four of the replacement tweets, follow?

I don't want to take advantage of another member, if I could do a straight swap, or if someone felt $200 for all 4 was fair, I'd do it. I just don't know that $200 is fair, for 4, abliet mint, but used tweeters.

I mean, it's certainly not unlistenable, I enjoy my SRS almost EVERY night, just swapping the tweets would be icing on the cake for me.

Cheers
    Rooster
  • F1nut
    edited August 2003
    Options
    Is the harshness you're speaking of really sibilance, the brightness of T's and C's or something else?

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• dorokusai
    edited August 2003
    Options
    Can you still buy the SL2000T thru Polk?
  • F1nut
    edited August 2003
    Options
    Yes, as far as know.

President of Club Polk

• RuSsMaN
    edited August 2003
    Options
    If the 2000T is the black silk dome, yes, you can still buy it $50 each (whats in my CRS+).

It's not sibilance, it is just an edge of harshness, makes me want to turn it down. Hard to explain, during vocal and acoustic passages, PURE GOLD, throw in some 'rock', electric guitars, they seem to ramp up on certain notes, and have a harsh edge to them.

Cheers,
    Rooster
  • Robert Scott
    edited August 2003
    Options
    Are you running SL2000 and SL2000T's at the same time or are they all SL2000T's

Thanks, Robert
  • RuSsMaN
    edited August 2003
    Options
    My srs are original, 2000's all the way around.
  • soupbone
    soupbone Posts: 104
    edited August 2003
    Options
    I have 8 sl200 tweeters collecting dust from my 1.2tl upgrade. what might they be worth?
  • Robert Scott
    edited August 2003
    Options
    Are they SL2000 not SL200? What do you want for them? New SL2000T's will cost me $48.00 buck's apiece.are they in good condition?

Thank's,Robert
  • soupbone
    edited August 2003
    Options
    sl2000's in pefect shape! With shipping boxes. Made in USA in sept of 88. Make an offer. Thnaks Tom
  • Robert Scott
    edited August 2003
    Options
    How about $200.00 plus I pay shipping?
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited August 2003
    Options
    Soupbone, um this was Russman's thread, looks like you swooped in and killed his deal?
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • soupbone
    edited August 2003
    Options
    Hoosier, um, Russman is looking for a swap, not to sell. I am just testing the waters. I have a 1.2 and a 1.2tl crossover I'd like to sell plus 8 mint Sl200 tweeters. I thought this was a good place to do that. I talked to Madmax about my tweeters before. I wonder if he is still interested. Madmax, send me an email. Soupbone217@hotmail.com
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited August 2003
    Options
    Russman want different tweeters, it is easy to see he is open to trading or selling.

"I don't want to take advantage of another member, if I could do a straight swap, or if someone felt $200 for all 4 was fair, I'd do it. I just don't know that $200 is fair, for 4, abliet mint, but used tweeters."

This deal is none of my business, but please don't tell me "I thought he only wanted to trade" it is there in plain English and you jumped in the middle of it and you know it.
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • burdette
    burdette Posts: 1,194
    edited August 2003
    Options
    So is the answer to the initial question "SL2000T?" I had to read your initial post a couple of times to understand what you were asking... I were all confustigated.

I have original SL2000s in my mains and had one of the new SL2000T (if that is what they are called) in my center for awhile. I didn't do any hardcore comparisons, but I certainly didn't notice any differences while watching movies. I've now got an original SL2000 in the center.
  • RuSsMaN
    edited August 2003
    Options
    The replacement for the SL1000/SL2000 is the RD0194-1 and the replacement for the SL2500/SL3000 is the RD0198-1 they both sell for $48.00 plus free 2nd UPS for Club Polk members.

Cheers,
    Russ
  • soupbone
    edited August 2003
    Options
    "I don't WANT the money, I WANT four of the replacement tweeters, Follow?" That's what I read Hoosier21. lighten up man. Maybe I should just sell All my stuff on eBay. 1 or 2 at a time and try to maximize my profit, than try help another member out.