Xtant

JDOGG
JDOGG Posts: 433
edited August 2003 in Car Subwoofer Talk
would 2 10" Xtant hexagon subs be good in sealed enlosure? It is .74 cu. ft. per sub on a 1000x1 hifonics brutus amp
Panasonic VIERA 46" 1080p plasma
Onkyo TX-SR805
Klipsch RF-7(bi-amped)
Klipsch RF-25
Xbox 360 with HD DVD
Playstation 3
Cobalt Cable
Post edited by JDOGG on

Comments

• sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited August 2003
    xtant makes great amps...
    that said...
    i would never buy a subwoofer that is not perfectly round
    -Cody
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited August 2003
    *sigh* -- i'm goin back to the hills and jumping off them...
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited August 2003
    Originally posted by PoweredByDodge
    *sigh* -- i'm goin back to the hills and jumping off them...
    lol...???
    -Cody
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited August 2003
    i dunno man -- all i do know is that i'm tryin my damnedest to get my school's SAE and student organization to design / seek sponsorship for / and build an SPL car / truck.

the idea being that a bunch of undergrad and grad students composed of physicists / aerospace engineere / electrical and mechanical engineers could probably redesign the science of SPL competition.

if you could work an engine to spin 8 alternators up at full power while well under 2k rpms (or hell -- more alternators -- i dunno... lots of them..lol)... redesign the interior of the vehicle so as to eliminate any possible cancellation, and use certain materials with certain wave properties and densities such that the entire inside of the cabin was built so as to "funnel" all of the wave energy into one truely constructive point of interference (right where the mic would go on the dash)... then something good could come of this -- and i think you'd see 175 db's on a term pro mic out of two subs.

yes -- i'm bold -- so? i really think that enough people with enough difft ideas can get it done where others have failed due to being exclusive.

anywho -- thats my goal in life.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • TrappedUnder Ice
    TrappedUnder Ice Posts: 975
    edited August 2003
    sounds more like a "revenge of the nerds" car....then an spl car :D