Losing faith in Polk?

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited July 2001 in Car Audio & Electronics
Hi, well I blew my polks about 4 weeks ago and I have a warrenty on them through Good Guys. They ordered me new ones and I've been waiting 4 weeks now. Im starting to lose faith in your product. I was wondering whats going on with my subs or if something happened?

twista@ubermensch.ws
(253)-843-2926
Sincerly Josh
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Systems
    edited July 2001
    I have two mm120 in a sealed box. I have a RF G800a2 that was running at 4ohms untill i broke them in and then i bridged it to 2ohms. I had a the punch bass turned up a quarter of the way and running the amp at 80htz. Its a custom box that car toys made for the back of a extend cab 97 S-10. The Power rate of the amp is 960 watts at 2ohms. Im not sure what it is for 4ohms i think 370watts for each channel.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • sirogenous
    sirogenous Posts: 57
    edited July 2001
    That is unfortunate that you have been waiting so long. But do not loose your faith in polk because of the inability of the company where you purchased them. If you had dealt with Polk directly I'm sure your story might have been a different one
  • sc0tty8
    sc0tty8 Posts: 69
    edited July 2001
    Hey, hopefully Polk is nothing like cerwin vega or mtx. I waited 2-3 months for my subs to come back from Vega and my amp took a month and a half. I have lost fate in both products. My dealer shipped the items strait to the factory to "save Time". Personally, as far as I am concerened, mtx sucks, thats why I am lookin for a new amp.
  • Systems
    edited July 2001
    So next time if i blow my subs it would be better to send them striaght to polk. I was going to do that but my friend said take'em back to Good guys and they will give them back right away. well that didnt happen. Thanks for your help kim.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing