edited July 2009
    Logic is the art of going wrong with confidence - unknown

I never let my schooling interfere with my education - Mark Twain

That's a beautiful dress, it'll look great on my bedroom floor - gdb

:)
  • BB3
    BB3 Posts: 297
    edited July 2009
    "Only through me can you acheive a power greater than any Jedi".
    Sony 52in.XBR6
    Sony 32in.XBR6
    Anthem AVM50V
    Anthem PRE-2L
    Sonic Frontiers SFCD-1
    Carver C-9
    Carver C-19 PreAmp
    Carver C-16 PreAmp
    2-Carver Silver 7-T's
    4-Carver TFM55's
    2-Carver TFM35's
    1-Carver TFM25
    Carver 490T
    Denon DCD1560
    Sony BDP-S350
    Sony PS3
    Nintendo Wii
    Panasonic DMK23DVR

Speakers :

PolkAudio SDA-SRS
    PolkAudio SDA-SRS 1.2TL
    PolkAudio SDA-CRS+(Compliments Of Mr. Jim Thomas"jtgranby")
    PolkAudio RTA-15TL
    PolkAudio M3
    3-Velodyne F-1500's
  • AudioGenics
    AudioGenics Posts: 2,567
    edited July 2009
    Believe only what you yourself test and judge to be true.
  • average_guy
    average_guy Posts: 236
    edited July 2009
    Your natural abilities are God's suggestions for your life's work.
    - Dr. Clyde Narramore
  • average_guy
    edited July 2009
    "We have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work. . . After eight years of this Administration we have just as much unemployment as when we started. . . . And an enormous debt to boot!"
    -FDR Treasury secretary Henry Morgenthau, after realizing that the New Deal economic policies had failed
  • AudioGenics
    AudioGenics Posts: 2,567
    edited July 2009
    "This is the first age that's ever paid much attention to the future, which is a little ironic since we may not have one.”......Clarke
  • thuffman03
    thuffman03 Posts: 1,325
    edited July 2009
    I love Calvin Coolidge's quotes. Here a few:

After all, the chief business of the American people is business. They are profoundly concerned with producing, buying, selling, investing and prospering in the world.
    Calvin Coolidge

All growth depends upon activity. There is no development physically or intellectually without effort, and effort means work.
    Calvin Coolidge

Christmas is not a time nor a season, but a state of mind. To cherish peace and goodwill, to be plenteous in mercy, is to have the real spirit of Christmas.
    Calvin Coolidge

Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery.
    Calvin Coolidge

Don't expect to build up the weak by pulling down the strong.
    Calvin Coolidge

No nation ever had an army large enough to guarantee it against attack in time of peace, or ensure it of victory in time of war.
    Calvin Coolidge

And my favorite:

Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration has been minding my own business.
    Calvin Coolidge
    Sunfire TGP, Sunfire Cinema Grand, Sunfire 300~2 (2), Sunfire True Sub (2),Carver ALS Platinum, Carver AL III, TFM-55, C-19, C-9, TX-8, SDA-490t, SDA-390t
  • average_guy
    edited July 2009
    Lies travel around the world seven times before truth can get its boots on. - Yiddish Proverb
  • Sherardp
    Sherardp Posts: 8,038
    edited July 2009
    "There's strong....................then there's Army Strong"

ArmyStrongHooooah.jpg

Semper Fi Marines.
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited August 2009
    My new favorite quote of all-time is .........

"Do you realize you're talking about Ray?" Treitz3

I think he realizes it.
  • George Grand
    edited August 2009
    Damn! The management at the other forum deleted the thread that was my point of reference. It's called hiding the fact that your golden boy is a skate.
  • Toy Maker
    Toy Maker Posts: 16
    edited August 2009
    Damn! The management at the other forum deleted the thread that was my point of reference. It's called hiding the fact that your golden boy is a skate.

You may want to do a little more research before posting false information George.

Since the issue was with a member with less than 50 posts, he was unable to post his problem in the feedback forum it needed to be posted in.
    Once I saw he had posted in an MISC. forum, I moved it to the appropriate forum. This way, he could keep posting and keep us updated, and everyone could still see it.
    I also renamed it so it had a title that made sense in the forum it was moved to.

There is no way anything was being hidden. If anything, I made it more noticeable than it was.
    http://www.carveraudio.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=126&t=9688
  • George Grand
    edited August 2009
    Gosh I'm sorry. You (or someone else) moved it to a spot where it wasn't visible unless you're logged in. That wasn't the case when I first learned of this. Any casual surfer could have seen it without logging in. Or I guess, a non-member could see it is what I'm trying to say.

Guilty as charged of providing false info cause I didn't, and still don't have any intention of logging into your forum.

Your golden boy change his address yet? He's done just about everything else in order to duck responsibility. No phone calls, no emails, buyers file damage claims with shippers....

I'm sure that now that everything is out in the open he'll bend over backward to settle this up, now that it's out in the open. Maybe he won't. I've seen enough, and he's YOUR bud, not mine anyway.

I'm having an enjoyable day, and I hope it was good for you as well.

And it's still my favorite all-time quote. "Do you realize you're ..."
    Yeah, I'd say he realizes who has been stiffing him for a few weeks. Absolutely hilarious.
  • kawizx9r
    kawizx9r Posts: 5,150
    edited August 2009
    Sherardp wrote: »
    "There's strong....................then there's Army Strong"

ArmyStrongHooooah.jpg

Semper Fi Marines.

LOL! Omg I remember in all the camps like CAMP TQ, the Mek and all other army bases that I've been to in Iraq and Baghdad they were ALL out of shape and weren't required to wear their utilities. Disgusting imo, oorah?!
    Truck setup
    Alpine 9856
    Phoenix Gold RSD65CS

For Sale
    Polk SR6500
    Polk SR5250
    Polk SR104

heiney9 wrote: »
    Any clue how to use the internet? Found it in about 10 sec.
  • RandyBox
    RandyBox Posts: 125
    edited August 2009
    HB27 wrote: »
    "Don't get no higher than pickin' corn nor lower than diggin' taters and you'll probably stay safe"

"You cain't whup nuttin what lays down to fight"

"Don't cull no naked gals, it might be the best ya never had"

From my dad in 07/67 as I was getting on the big silver bird headed to the MCRD . Semper Fi

"Son marry one that cook and clean, cause they all know how to fu*k..." My dad...
  • RandyBox
    RandyBox Posts: 125
    edited August 2009
    obieone wrote: »

"I have YET begun to fight!"- John Paul Jones, when asked for his surrender by British forces.

"I have NOT yet begun to fight!" - John Paul Jones

Regards,
    Randy
  • average_guy
    edited August 2009
    “The secret of winning football games is working more as a team, less as individuals. I play not my 11 best, but my best 11.” –Coach Knute Rockne
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    edited August 2009
    My new favorite quote of all-time is .........

"Do you realize you're talking about Ray?" Treitz3

I think he realizes it.
    No sir. George, I loves ya' bro' but this is not my quote and the thread is not hidden. Here's my quote. "Dennis, That's Ray you are talking about. We all know him and his word is good. I know that's of no meaning to you but I will personally contact him. I have full faith that this will be worked out in short order. Ray is good folk."

Since then, Ray has had communications with said buyer and as I understand all is well.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Toy Maker
    edited August 2009
    Gosh I'm sorry. You (or someone else) moved it to a spot where it wasn't visible unless you're logged in. That wasn't the case when I first learned of this. Any casual surfer could have seen it without logging in. Or I guess, a non-member could see it is what I'm trying to say.

Guilty as charged of providing false info cause I didn't, and still don't have any intention of logging into your forum.

Your golden boy change his address yet? He's done just about everything else in order to duck responsibility. No phone calls, no emails, buyers file damage claims with shippers....

I'm sure that now that everything is out in the open he'll bend over backward to settle this up, now that it's out in the open. Maybe he won't. I've seen enough, and he's YOUR bud, not mine anyway.

I'm having an enjoyable day, and I hope it was good for you as well.

And it's still my favorite all-time quote. "Do you realize you're ..."
    Yeah, I'd say he realizes who has been stiffing him for a few weeks. Absolutely hilarious.

You were right, the buy/sell/trade for noobies was not accessable for guests. Thanks for pointing that out. I honestly didn't know that. I never view it as a guest, so I never saw it was missing.
    It's fixed now, and viewable by all.
    Sorry man, that was kinda my fault. Thanks pointing it out to me.

James

PS, yeah, it looks like the other issue is also being taken care of ;)
  • treitz3
    edited August 2009
    What happened between you and Ray to cause ill will G? I know about James but I'm at a loss about Ray.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Toy Maker
    edited August 2009
    Sorry to mess the thread up, back on track...

Favorite Quote huh.... how about this one....

"It's not my fault officers **** Knuckles and Dick Lock here, work with a drunk trailer park supervison. He's not a cop, he's a drunk!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQ7vCvYz1yg (7:45)
  • George Grand
    edited August 2009
    I'll sit here and look for the "explanation" regarding your golden boy's stellar behavior. I am fairly certain I know the real reason, and why you guys can't live with it.

I guess it would be too much for you to reciprocate and publish the individuals name here, seeing how he/she is a Polk Forum member. Other people might like to know background prior to entering a sales agreement with them.

"The easiest way to a man's heart is through his stomach" is also a fitting quote here.

Thanks for the laughs.

And to answer your question Treitz, it was the FIRST time your golden boy showed his true colors that got my attention.
  • George Grand
    edited August 2009
    Communication was established with the buyer after the guy published his problems with your boy for all to see. Prior to that, your boy had his skates laced up and was gliding across the ice.

Two weeks of not answering his phone? No returned emails? Buyers are the ones who file damage claims?

You boys are in denial.

Sorry I misquoted you Treitz, but it says the same thing.
  • treitz3
    edited August 2009
    Well, not my bag anyway. No worries.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program.....
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited August 2009
    RandyBox wrote: »
    "I have NOT yet begun to fight!" - John Paul Jones

Regards,
    Randy

That IS correct. I knew the quote, I just didn't TYPE it correctly.:o
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,050
    edited August 2009
    "Thanks for finally remembering my phone number" - John Paul Jones (the other one)

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • George Grand
    edited August 2009
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Well, not my bag anyway. No worries.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program.....

Right. Not your bag. But maybe your forum hero over there. Another early morning chuckle. Thank you.

Terrible denial. It looks good on you guys.
  • Toy Maker
    edited August 2009
    George, what's the Golden Boy/hero thing all about?? Please explain.

I didn't even know there was a problem, till someone pointed me over to this thread. I don't read everything, and I'm not the honesty police for deals going on. If the guy was having problems on a deal, he needed to post, which he finally did, and soon after, the issue was resolved, as we all would expect it to be.
    I dono man... I'm getting tired of being thrown in the middle of things that have nothing to do with me.
  • thuffman03
    thuffman03 Posts: 1,325
    edited August 2009
    Very interesting how a transaction problem on another forum ended up on th Famous thread here.

Here is a good quote:

Vote early and vote often.
    Al Capone
    Sunfire TGP, Sunfire Cinema Grand, Sunfire 300~2 (2), Sunfire True Sub (2),Carver ALS Platinum, Carver AL III, TFM-55, C-19, C-9, TX-8, SDA-490t, SDA-390t
  • Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,010
    edited August 2009
    No kidding.....

"Love covers a multitude of sins..." - Somewhere in the Bible